Greetings from Portugal

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ_Sixty

Reaction score
Hi All,

My name is Andr? and just bought a brand new S1000RR. I will receive it next week.
Thanks for the forum acceptance.
:tickled_pink:

Ola, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new bike. I will be riding through Portugal in July ;).

Tnks. I've done Portim?o many times but by car. It's my favorite track. The S1000RR will be only for street riding!
Soofsayer will you travel with your RR from UK to here?

A video from me in Portimao.

No, GSA. :(. I will have a look at the route and let you know where I'll be going. Coming in from Spain and through the middle, I'm going to end up at Carvoeiro in the Algarve.

Welcome Andre ... I bet you want to wind forward your watch to next week... what color scheme did you choose?

Tnks. I've done Portim?o many times but by car. It's my favorite track. The S1000RR will be only for street riding!
Soofsayer will you travel with your RR from UK to here?

A video from me in Portimao.

Noooo ! You have to take the RR on track, that's what they are for ! Been 3 times to Portimao track, fantastic lol

Noooo ! You have to take the RR on track, that's what they are for ! Been 3 times to Portimao track, fantastic lol
HAHAHA I know is a great bike for that, but I prefer keeping the car for that! Maybe on day just a lap or two! But I'm afraid to like it too much...!!!

Welcome Andre ... I bet you want to wind forward your watch to next week... what color scheme did you choose?
I choose gray/black with the 2 packs and alarm. I prefer the blue or red but it's more visible to be stolen. But never the less I like the gray as well.
And yes, I've been sleeping much less, I really look forward to drive the new machine!!

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR DJ! Bet you can't wait till your collection :).

What car do you use for track days? I'm sure if you ride the RR on a track day you'll be blown away!

Enjoy the forum,

Oli

Thnks Oli, it's a Mazda MX5 NA with turbo.
I love riding motorcycles and I drive them since 2001. But I love driving good cars as well. And I'm afraid of falling in track. With the car is for me easier to drive in the limit.
Of course one of the reasons I bought the RR is all the electronic help.
My current Yamaha FZ1 has ABS and I will never have a bike without it again.

That's great DJ, I totally understand what you mean about feeling more comfortable driving near the limit then riding. Must be fantastic being able to enjoy both cars and bikes :).

I still think you'll be blown away by the RR when you let it off its leash though ;)

Oli

Hi Andre, you are one lucky fella to live in the climate you have and all the beautiful roads around you.
Enjoy the RR and the MX5.

Welcome from Scotland.

JimmyMac

Yes Jimmy I am. Portugal is a very nice country to have motorcycles. And the strange thing is: there isn't that big number of people driving motorcycles here.
And FYI the motorcycles here cost about the same of other countries in Europe. And the cars cost a lot more than the averaged. It's something I never did quite understand-ed.

Yes Jimmy I am. Portugal is a very nice country to have motorcycles. And the strange thing is: there isn't that big number of people driving motorcycles here.
And FYI the motorcycles here cost about the same of other countries in Europe. And the cars cost a lot more than the averaged. It's something I never did quite understand-ed.

I thought that was strange when I've been there, only ever seen 1 or 2 when on the way to the track and back

Funny how times have changed. When I lived there as a teenager in the 80s everyone had a bike. You could get a 50cc licence at 14 with a bribe and a multiple choice test. All my mates had bikes, they were prolific. I do remember that the guys who were older that had the big sports bikes tended to die off quickly, the roads were all stone wall lined and the surface could turn to mush around the next bend, not forgetting the potholes that should have been called craters. Oh, and the drivers were nuts, which probably didn't help the biker lifespan.

Funny how times have changed. When I lived there as a teenager in the 80s everyone had a bike. You could get a 50cc licence at 14 with a bribe and a multiple choice test. All my mates had bikes, they were prolific. I do remember that the guys who were older that had the big sports bikes tended to die off quickly, the roads were all stone wall lined and the surface could turn to mush around the next bend, not forgetting the potholes that should have been called craters. Oh, and the drivers were nuts, which probably didn't help the biker lifespan.
There is still a good number of bikes here, but if you think about the weather and the price of the bikes comparing to cars it's still a low number in my opinion.
Yes, in the 80's and 90's a lot of kids had small 50cc. About accidents, it's still like that but it's more related with too much confidence and mistakes but still the drivers in general are still a bit nuts here and there. The roads are not bad these days bit still be careful.

Latest posts

Back