Good morning from the North East!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 more sleep for me too... Where are you collecting you bike from? I will be travelling up to Doncaster from Surrey... Aim to pick bike at 12 noon....

Only just noticed this, sorry! Collecting mine from Cooper Sunderland, but can't get there until after work, so about 5.30 tonight. Not long now.

You've probably got yours by now - have a safe ride home!

Good lads at Coopers Sunderland, bought both my S1000's from them, roll on 530pm!!

Good lads at Coopers Sunderland, bought both my S1000's from them, roll on 530pm!!

That they are. Probably sick of me, I've been popping in there for years, but never bought anything more than a lid yet. They've done a few bits and bobs of warranty and recall work on the GS, but I bet they'll be glad to have finally sold me something worthwhile.

Even got an email from Steve this morning with just one line - "Happy New Bike Day". Class.

Pity we dont all get the same experience and good to hear positives. I tried to get a demo on an XR last year and the best they would offer me was 2 hours, I wanted it for 4, so no (they didn't have anyone else booked on it, it was the manager's 'policy'). I tried calling them up one Saturday to enquire about a used K bike they had for sale and was told there was no one in the bike side of the business that day (brilliant), didn't even bother to ask for my number??? I did end up buying the same model from another dealer instead.

Hope you beat the snow DRD, forecast is a bit meh!

Pity we dont all get the same experience and good to hear positives. I tried to get a demo on an XR last year and the best they would offer me was 2 hours, I wanted it for 4, so no (they didn't have anyone else booked on it, it was the manager's 'policy'). I tried calling them up one Saturday to enquire about a used K bike they had for sale and was told there was no one in the bike side of the business that day (brilliant), didn't even bother to ask for my number??? I did end up buying the same model from another dealer instead.

Hope you beat the snow DRD, forecast is a bit meh!

That's a shame to hear that. They've been nothing but easy to deal with for me.

Just started hammering down with rain! Luckily wife has swung a half-hour early finish, so should be there by 5.

Hope the weather stays half decent for you! I managed to get a cheeky hour in this morning whilst the sun was shining, however got pretty dark and wet here now. I've never had any luck with the weather up Durham so finger crossed.

More importantly....

PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES :)

that is all

Just spoke to Coopers - they're going to drop the bike off at home for me. Disappointed not to be picking it up, but it saves me a round trip, and means I won't have to ride it home in the pissing rain - which is a bonus.

Hope the weather stays half decent for you! I managed to get a cheeky hour in this morning whilst the sun was shining, however got pretty dark and wet here now. I've never had any luck with the weather up Durham so finger crossed.

More importantly....

PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES :)

that is all

Pics will follow once I've got my grubby mitts on it :)

Just spoke to Coopers - they're going to drop the bike off at home for me. Disappointed not to be picking it up, but it saves me a round trip, and means I won't have to ride it home in the pissing rain - which is a bonus.

Personally I'd say thats a result. Whilst you've got it nice and dry I'd recommend getting the gunk off the chain that BMW lather on it, it flings everywhere, makes a right mess.

Personally I'd say thats a result. Whilst you've got it nice and dry I'd recommend getting the gunk off the chain that BMW lather on it, it flings everywhere, makes a right mess.

Me too. I'd rather scrub the tyres in on a dry(ish) piece of tarmac. Good plan on the chain lube. Been a while since I've had to worry about a chain!

So, bobbins, fairing bungs and swingarm bungs are fitted. Bike came with Metz K3s on it which I was chuffed about, since I was half expecting it to come with something else and from what I've read the K3s are well liked.

So far, I really like it. Torture having it sat there, though. It's stopped raining but I've had a beer now.

I've just been cleaning my rear wheel...when it got rebuilt the put that white crap on the chain. I'm having to work to get it off the wheel now :-(

I've just been cleaning my rear wheel...when it got rebuilt the put that white crap on the chain. I'm having to work to get it off the wheel now :-(
Mm, that white stuff is caked all over my chain. As soon as I get back from my weekend holiday on Tuesday I'll be cleaning all that guff off!

Latest posts

Back