Gobsmacked newbie

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyboy999

Reaction score
With advancing years, back problems, retirement etc etc got it into my head that I should give up sports bikes (currently have an R1) and opt for something a bit more comfortable, maybe even do a bit of touring. Anyway set up a test ride on a R1200RT and asked for a go on the RR also, really just for the fun of it.
RT does what it says on the tin, can't really fault but a little boring and disappointing.
S1000RR, on the other hand, completely blew me away and now have one on order.
So thanks, BMW, for the future backache, white knuckle vibrations, burnt legs...
Can't wait :subdued:

:DCan't say as i have ever had backache or burnt legs from the RR, a bit of white knuckle occasionally but no more than any other bike i suppose, welcome to the club!

What Mick said. I get fewer back issues from the RR compared to other more upright bikes. Don't get vibrations or burnt legs either.... do sometimes get laundry issues in the leathers after the white knuckle stuff though!!

Welcome to the forum skyboy and congratulations on your new RR order! What colour/spec have you gone for?

There's probably going to be a trend here of us all saying you made the right choice ;).

Welcome along, RR us the most comfortable sports bike I've owned, save up for some adjustable rearsets for a little more leg room :)

Hi there,you've made a good choice,love mine,even on long distance it's comfy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum skyboy and congratulations on your new RR order! What colour/spec have you gone for?

There's probably going to be a trend here of us all saying you made the right choice ;).

Thanks guys. Gone for RR Sport in Motorsport with performance package and pillion package (so I can strap some luggage down).

Better option if you don't actually carry a pillion is to get a Hepco and Becker luggage plate and then you can get seat cowl instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Gone for RR Sport in Motorsport with performance package and pillion package (so I can strap some luggage down).

That's great, I think the pillion package makes a lot of sense even if you only intend to carry a pillion very rarely as it'll be far cheaper to buy a CF seat cowl then to buy a pillion seat and pegs from BMW in retrospect.

Enjoy your new bike! :)

Welcome to the site Skyboy, Oli is bang on about the best way to configutre a new bike, pillion packs are expensive and hard to find second hand.

JimmyMac

With advancing years, back problems, retirement etc etc got it into my head that I should give up sports bikes (currently have an R1) and opt for something a bit more comfortable, maybe even do a bit of touring. Anyway set up a test ride on a R1200RT and asked for a go on the RR also, really just for the fun of it.
RT does what it says on the tin, can't really fault but a little boring and disappointing.
S1000RR, on the other hand, completely blew me away and now have one on order.
So thanks, BMW, for the future backache, white knuckle vibrations, burnt legs...
Can't wait :subdued:

Similar to me, had one of the 1st rr's but needed more of a tourer for 2up and bought a gsa. Really didn't like it after 6mnths and chopped it in for a zzr14, awesome 2up and not bad for scratching. Hasten to add got greedy and kept the rr for those needing to be without pillion times :triumphant:

Welcome.

As others have said, the RR is pretty comfy for a Superbike.

Search on on here for bar ends to help with dialling out most of the bar vibrations.

Latest posts

Back