Bad News, Good News

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an update on the above, I do my driving course tomorrow (that's the 19th May) i'll keep you posted on how good/bad the advanced driver found me........ I still find it a bit strange that they pulled me on a motorbike and yet want to test me in a car:confused:

Yeah good luck and try to enjoy it!

Enjoy RR, you will have a good day.

Oh, and you'll never offend me by slagging the Polis. Like every job, there are great ones and not so good.

JimmyMac

Well I had my driving assessment the other day, and he told me I was the best driver he had ever seen! But no seriously he told me that my driving was ok but he told me that I was driving too quickly and too near the crown of the road ( I knew that bit already, 'cos that's what got me in this position in the first place:stupid:) He also wanted me to change gear less. ie, miss out some gears when changing up and down, like 4th straight to second for example. He also wanted me to slow down using the brakes more and not using the lower gears and making use of engine braking. Ok, I did what he said but that's not the way I learned all those years ago, likewise I kept further off the crown of the road during the rest of my assessment. He told me that the reason for using the brakes more was that you had your hands on the wheel more and so had more control of the car. Also he said that brakes are cheaper to replace than clutches and gearboxes! Well you learn something every day.....I've never worn out a clutch or buggered up a gearbox in all my 50 odd years of driving. But hey ho I've taken it all on board and shall try to alter my driving accordingly. I shall ride my bike however, like I've always ridden it.
Just a bit about the day....I met up with the advanced driver 20 minutes before my assessment and found that he was quite a nice chap, down to earth and normal. He introduced me to another chap doing the same assessment at the same time as me in the same car. He was a HGV driver and mechanic. I also had my HGV driving license that I needed when I had my own garage business. We filled out all documents required and showed our driving licenses. we went out and had to read a car number plate from the required distance. We then got into his "car,"which was an old Renault Kangoo. What a heap of crap. Stiff clutch, poor steering and tyres that squealed when the "car" went round corners. Well it did when I drove it anyway. We had a good afternoon out. The examiner said he'd enjoyed his time out with us and we had a good laugh during our time with him. Yes, all in all a good experience all round.

Glad it went well RR, better than the alternative. Told you the guy would be fine, plus he was "normal". Made me laugh when I read that.

JimmyMac

Latest posts

Back