Bonjour from Basildon

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm back after a few years away from my first S1KRR that nearly killed me lol. I have just purchased a 2014 S1KRR in white, black and red got the accessory package with it too picking her up on the 16th and can hardly wait.

After I sold my first S1krr I moved back to 600's for a bit then got an 08 R1 which, promptly blew up after only covering 1k miles I then moved on to an R1 big bang crossplane and I must say I did enjoy that bike especially the sound with the akra's was immense. Then I got an 09 HRC blade and I really enjoyed that bike and was busy modding it and then the dealership monkey in the garage ruined it when he utterly screwed up my samco hoses and the bike was never the same after that. So I traded up for a Fireblade SP only to find the suspension knackered my wrists and the build quality was shocking got caught in the rain and found the paint run from the nose all down the side of the bike. Then the tail unit fell apart and Honda told me that if I modded my bike in anyway shape or form it would invalidate the warranty. Enough was enough I wasn't going to spend 15k on a bike only to be told that I can't do a damn thing with it. So I went down to Cannons BMW in Braintree and test rode the 2014 S1KRR and my god it is so smooth just as good as the blueprinted engine from Honda that was in the SP. So decided to sign on the dotted line and got rid of the SP at least now not only do I have a bike that is more powerful, just as smooth but I also can mod it without being told what to do etc.

Hope everybody has been well in my absence and I'm afraid you're stuck with me now hehe...

All the best,
Nick

Hi nick, nice to hear grumblings about another manufacturer for a change, and that the Beemer won you back after being so unhelpful in a past life. Enjoy the new bike.

Thanks guys been enjoying the sunshine and the new bike over the weekend nearly up to 150 miles already and will be well over the 300 marker by weeks end. Really enjoying riding it whatever grumbles I had with the first S1KRR I had have all been forgiven it just feels amazing to ride and such great feedback from the road which, impressed me considering it came with Bridgestone BT016's not my favourite tyre but still can't complain. Just wish i wasn't stuck at work and was out clocking up the miles as it really is a bike you can ride all day into the night and then through the next day.

Honda do make some cracking bikes but they really need to let go of their arrogance and listen to their customers I can certainly say from this morning's ride that BMW have done exactly that and my god what a difference it makes. QS is smooth and sublime and the engine is just so smooth just can't wait to get this damn limiter off! lol.

Back