Full Akra system with no re-map? Help pls

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steadynow

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having my full SS Akra system put on today at a BM main dealer as the original rusted through. (gen 2 '14 plate)

I'm also now pretty skint so can't splurt another ?500+ on custom tuning & fuel modules etc yet..

Leaving the fuelling stock (just K&N), will that do any damage to anything? pistons? etc? i do pretty high mileage so am little concerned as it looks like most people get it tuned up. not too fussed if it's lumpy / down on HP for now..

I want the smoothest and most BHP i can get, but it's will have to wait few thousand miles or so.

Appreciate your view / exp on this interim time. Hope the ECU can regulate the fuel mix enough to keep things in a safe bracket

Thanks.

Alex and I both have the Akrapovic Evolution full system on 17 and 15 MY bikes respectively.

Yes too lean is also bad for an engine and is associated, not exclusively, with higher running temperatures.

Whilst it is never safe to assume that installing a full system will be fine without correcting the fuelling (it is always good practice to check fuelling on a Dyno), in my experience with a Gen 3 RR and the Akra Evo system with the stock O2 sensor installed and stock air filter, the bike fuelled absolutely fine (as confirmed on a Dyno) and I did some 20 K miles before fitting a PCV.

I agree with Jay in not fitting a freer flowing air filter until you decide to fit a fuel module as this will only further deviate the AFR.

Re fuel modules, I would recommend the Rapid Bike Evo or Race modules as these are far superior units than a PCV or Bazzaz.
Alex is the man to contact re Rapid Bike as he has organised a forum deal on these

Last edited:
Alex and I both have the Akrapovic Evolution full system on 17 and 15 MY bikes respectively.

Yes too lean is also bad for an engine and is associated, not exclusively, with higher running temperatures.

Whilst it is never safe to assume that installing a full system will be fine without correcting the fuelling (it is always good practice to check fuelling on a Dyno), in my experience with a Gen 3 RR and the Akra Evo system with the stock O2 sensor installed and stock air filter, the bike fuelled absolutely fine (as confirmed on a Dyno) and I did some 20 K miles before fitting a PCV.

I agree with Jay in not fitting a freer flowing air filter until you decide to fit a fuel module as this will only further deviate the AFR.

Re fuel modules, I would recommend the Rapid Bike Evo or Race modules as these are far superior units than a PCV or Bazzaz.
Alex is the man to contact re Rapid Bike as he has organised a forum deal on these

thanks dude!

My pleasure buddy!

Further to my post, Jay has a Rapid Bike Race module and is well versed on their technical capabilities over a PCV and Bazzaz

Well.... damn its loud. mentally F1'esq on hard upshifts, i never knew the quick shifter could make such a 'crack' !.... will need some getting used to for distance though...

just arrived at work (in the rain) 60 miles of madness. The noise goes 'down' to a high pitch whine at 80 mph while is tolerable. But I've already ordered ear plugs... below 80, it's popping and spitting. actually the most interesting thing was moving it out the garage, it's noticeably lighter!

lots of 5th / 6th gear wheel slippage in the rain.. which is unusual. Very curious to the bhp / tq

I'm looking at HillTop in Hinckley for a remap and ecu flash as it's running too rough for me to leave alone for long.

Anyone had much experience?, all online info seems positive. and it's affordable too.. which is the swinger.

Thanks all!

Get the optional baffle fitted. It will transform it for daily use.

- Sent from Mobile

Glad you're enjoying the soundtrack! That crack on the up shifts is epically loud when you shift past a car or lorry! :)

Ive just had my HP4 remapped at Hilltop after fitting the decat paipe and the difference in the torque curve and ridability is fantastic, its the second bike ive had done at Hilltop and both have remaps have made a significant improvement.

Well.... damn its loud. mentally F1'esq on hard upshifts, i never knew the quick shifter could make such a 'crack' !.... will need some getting used to for distance though...

just arrived at work (in the rain) 60 miles of madness. The noise goes 'down' to a high pitch whine at 80 mph while is tolerable. But I've already ordered ear plugs... below 80, it's popping and spitting. actually the most interesting thing was moving it out the garage, it's noticeably lighter!

lots of 5th / 6th gear wheel slippage in the rain.. which is unusual. Very curious to the bhp / tq

I'm looking at HillTop in Hinckley for a remap and ecu flash as it's running too rough for me to leave alone for long.

Anyone had much experience?, all online info seems positive. and it's affordable too.. which is the swinger.

Thanks all!

Ive just had my HP4 remapped at Hilltop after fitting the decat paipe and the difference in the torque curve and ridability is fantastic, its the second bike ive had done at Hilltop and both have remaps have made a significant improvement.

cool! thanks dude

Back