Front Wheel Removal

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billo01

Reaction score
Hi all,

Going for some new tyres in the off-season that'll hopefully last till my Andorra trip next September; going for the M7RR as they appear to get a good review on here.

Anyway, to the point, what size is the hex in the front axle and I'm replacing the valves with 90 deg types, what size are the valves?

With wheels removal is there anything to consider like the speed sensors etc., do they have to be moved out the way at all?

Cheers

24mm I believe is for the front axle but one of those multi size ones does the job. Just remember NOT to loosen the LHS front fork pinch bolts, only the ones on the RHS where the axle comes out.

You'll need to carefully remove the abs sensor which is attached to the LHS brake caliper mount. Other than that it is a simple task.

Dont know about the valves.

I'll check my invoice for valve sizes when I get home,ordered a pair of Bridgeport valves and fitting m7rr over winter too for spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24mm I believe is for the front axle but one of those multi size ones does the job. Just remember NOT to loosen the LHS front fork pinch bolts, only the ones on the RHS where the axle comes out.

You'll need to carefully remove the abs sensor which is attached to the LHS brake caliper mount. Other than that it is a simple task.

Dont know about the valves.

? Never removed mine for wheel change

? Never removed mine for wheel change

Each to their own. The BMW (HP4) manual states it should be removed, and I remove it everytime I do a front wheel change because for the sake of 1 8mm bolt it is not worth risking damage to the sensor.

I can't remove my front hp wheel unless I slacken the left leg pinch bolts and slide the spacer out of the way . There is no way of getting my wheel of unless I do this ??? I've never had a problem removing the front wheel using this method I've removed the front wheel loads of times

I can't remove my front hp wheel unless I slacken the left leg pinch bolts and slide the spacer out of the way . There is no way of getting my wheel of unless I do this ??? I've never had a problem removing the front wheel using this method I've removed the front wheel loads of times

Which left?

Weird, manual says to not touch that. Just be careful to keep the ABS sensor within tolerance.
Personally I've never removed the ABS Sensor to change wheels.

I've probably had my front wheel off 30 times using this method i literally can't get my wheel off any other way as I can't push my wheel far enough to the right for it to drop out of the cup spacer. When I slacken the pinch bolts on the cup spacer and slide it out of the way about 10mm the wheel drops down . When replacing the spacer it just slides back into the forks legs and buts up against the fork at the correct distance keeping the abs sensor a few millimetres from the abs ring . No drama lol
Psc I don't remove the abs sensor

Maybe the hp4 is different then. Have the same wheels on my '15 though

Thanks all for the info, links, tips and advice, much appreciated. Ordered the tyres and valves from Demon yesterday, free delivery and black Friday deal too. I like to do my own wheel removal rather than a ride in ride out service. The service is probably ok it's just a mindset thing for me and prefer to do some spannering and tinkering myself.

Thanks once again!

Back