Front HP Wheel Dust Seal Size?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamieMac

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

Fun issue today. Fitted my lovely new wheels on my Gen 3 '15 bike. Aligned the forks and wheel etc and just checking everything over inc ABS sensor clearance and I look at the dust seals and they're the wrong size. Bearings are a perfect fit but the seals are D708 i.e 35mm ID but both axle/spacer OD's are 32mm.

D708 i.e 47mm OD, 35mm ID 7mm thick.

Anyone with HP Forged Wheels on their Gen 3's can you see what's written on the seal and also check your seals actually seal? I know BMW used to be a nightmare with throwing what they have around on but I thought that ended before 2010.

Looking at Motorworks, they note on the R1200S it can come with 4 different dust seal sizes....... head in hands. J

Easy enough to order the correct ones but thought it might be worth everyone checking. J

IMG_4412D.jpegIMG_4413D.jpegIMG_4415D.jpegIMG_4414D.jpeg

What is the correct part? I'm not sure I actually have any!

Last edited:
Alex, thanks for the reply. As my my post soon after my first one, I popped down to my local bearing supplier and got the correct ones. Ie 744 ie 32 ID, 47 OD by 7mm deep. ?

Latest posts

Back