Front travel sensor

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncs

Reaction score
Hi
I am looking into buying 2d front travel sensor for my rr 2017 . Anybody use 1 and experience?

Also my paint is rubbing of frame where my legs are against it, contacted dealer and they are preposing frame change šŸ˜³

I don't have personal experience with the 2D sensor as I don't have one, but the purpose of fitting one is for independent rebound and compression adjustment in the forks.
An additional benefit is that it would have an overall improvement for the suspension performance as you have a sensor at the front in addition to that on the shock.
Only draw back for the road is that you'll need to use lock stops with it and therefore your steering lock will not be usable.

MCT suspension are very experienced with DDC suspension, if you are interested in seeing a professional for suspension set up?

Re paint, I agree with your dealer that it needs sorting.
My 15 RR's frame paint is starting to wear, but this happened after significant mileage (over 30 K miles), so if yours has happened considerably sooner it's likely a paint defect.
I would recommend either Alpha Racing or Ilmberger carbon frame covers as these not only are very good frame protection, they also shield you from the, considerable, frame heat in the warmer weather.

Hope your frame is sorted soon and that you enjoy the 2D sensor :)

Hi
Thanks for advice about travel sensor

Bike has only done 1732 miles and to be honest the paint is quite a bad state of wear šŸ˜¢

Hi
Thanks for advice about travel sensor

Bike has only done 1732 miles and to be honest the paint is quite a bad state of wear [emoji22]

Have no fear, the BMW warranty is rock solid and I am sure your dealer will take good care of you.
It sounds like they're already looking into this as you say they have suggested a potential frame change.

Let us know what your dealer does about the frame :)

I have the 2d on a '17. Gives the additional control point expected so you can split compression and rebound adjustments at the cost of steering lock...

- Sent from Mobile

Latest posts

Back