Front disc run out?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpedge

Reaction score
I need to check the front discs as I believe they may be warped. I'm happy about the method of testing I just have no idea how I go about attaching the gauge to the forks. I need some sort of flexible (but very stiff) connector and clamp. Any ideas?

have you not already established whether they are warped ?
I am assuming vibration or pulsing through your lever?
Or are you wanting confirmation that they are warped that must be validated with a DRO

TReat yourself to some new uns :)

Brakes are catchy (grabby) when slowing down to a stop. I managed to use a g-clamp and some foam to mount the gauge on the forks. Right side runout is 0.07 and the left is 0.18. This is on my GS and you can only get oem discs for the new bikes (09) and they cost a mint. I'm going to have to bite the bullet as the left is out of spec.

Why don't you just get someone to straighten them. It usually works as long as the thickness of disc doesn't vary due to running them to long in warped condition

Motoliner www.motoliner.com
- send them here, will be better than OEM tolerances , had a completely fooked Brembo disc on my RSV4 after a rushed tyre change by a mate , all sorted and turned around in 4 days, cheap too - they are superb.

Back