Front brake hose union relocation?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cropsprayer

Reaction score
Hi guys - im new to S1000RR's and just converting a road bike ive bought for the track. Whilst stripping it down ive noticed the rather clever location of the front brake hose union bolted right under the head yolk so as you cant get a stand into it (nice work BMW) and searching on here I see plenty of people suggesting use of fork stands which I don't like for wheel changing and also removal of ABS and just go with twin hoses straight from the master to each caliper.

So I want to keep ABS for now and want to use my headstock stand and I already have a brembo RCS master off my old to put on it so any advice on the best way to go please? My old bike was non ABS so im not sure right now around the complexities of messing with replacing hoses where that's involved. I replaced master and hoses on my old bike and easy enough.

Thanks!
Rob.

you can order hoses and unions from HEL which will allow relocation to where you want, but you will have to change the hose from the abs pump to the union and the 2 front lines to allow the relocation

Thanks, I did actually call HEL and asked them about it as saw they did a 6 line kit but they didn't mention anything that could be used to relocate the union / t-piece........the guy seemed more confused as to why I wasn't just blanking off the ABS for track which I may well end up doing, just want to see how intrusive it actually is first in slick mode.

Well the ABS the problem is that in hard braking the rear ABS is engaged and you fell the rear end a bit strange. The front brakes is performing excellent in the track, at least in my pace.

When I did my '10 there was no actual mounting for the T, it was manufactured so one leg was longer than the other and so cable tied the joint where the leg/yoke met.

Thanks for the responses guys. On the Gen 2 its actually bolted right under the centre of the yolk so only option seems to be to relocate somehow but I think ill have to go with a fork stand for now and see how I get on with the ABS on track. Can then make a decision over keeping it or not and if not ill run HEL hoses direct from master to each caliper and cant go back to my headstock stand again.

Latest posts

Back