Forum trackday

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forum Trackday 2012 Face Off!!

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I have a feeling this is more about geographical location for people rather than track preference. Once costs have been factored in as well I can see the picture changing again!

Been there(18th Feb),done that,fell off!

Christ,the tyres cool off quickly!!

Heated grips are good though.

Baz, which part of the track did you come off at? I guess tyre/track temps are going to be a big issue this time of year. Strongly suggest you give it another go in the summer as its a fantastic circuit in my opinion.

Been there(18th Feb),done that,fell off!

Christ,the tyres cool off quickly!!

Heated grips are good though.

Baz you're mad its gotta be 18deg and rising for me. Hoops Baz gets his posts delivered to the track hes there so often

You don't notice the cold once you're out there.

I was using Pirelli slicks SC2 front,I should have paid more attention to tyre temp.Would've been better with SC1.
I lost the front at Palmers-presumably the extreme edge lost its temp.
At least my shortened crash bungs did their job and it didn't flip.

Bet it was grim for those on track on Sunday.I bet Russ is still shivering!!

Slicks!!?? Bloody hell youre mad!! I assume it was bone dry but just cold?? Have to say im totally baffled as to what tyres im going to need up at Cadwell on March 22nd?? I was just about to order some new Racetec Interacts K1/K2's - but im doubtful i will get enough heat into them - Cadwell scares the shite out of me and it will be my first outing on the Beemer so im not going to be going balls out!!

Slicks!!?? Bloody hell youre mad!! I assume it was bone dry but just cold?? Have to say im totally baffled as to what tyres im going to need up at Cadwell on March 22nd?? I was just about to order some new Racetec Interacts K1/K2's - but im doubtful i will get enough heat into them - Cadwell scares the shite out of me and it will be my first outing on the Beemer so im not going to be going balls out!!

Yes,absolutely dry just cold track.

I would probably use K3,s when you go to Cadwell.Unless you use warmers you'll never get the heat in K1/2,s(unless we suddenly get a heatwave!)
You would also need to watch your tyre pressures as cold tear can be an issue.K3,s don't need so much heat.

If it's wet,at least you stand some chance with K3,s

I think you are right Baz and i will just leave the K3's that are currently on it on there for Cadwell - thanks for all the advice.

Out of interest - if it is super cold - what tyre pressures would you recommend - and do you set the temps when tyres are stone cold sat in the paddock - or do you get some laps in and then come back in and set the temps with tyres warm/hot??

I think you are right Baz and i will just leave the K3's that are currently on it on there for Cadwell - thanks for all the advice.

Out of interest - if it is super cold - what tyre pressures would you recommend - and do you set the temps when tyres are stone cold sat in the paddock - or do you get some laps in and then come back in and set the temps with tyres warm/hot??

Obviously depending on temp etc. I would drop the K3 to 36psi for the first session.Check immediately after the session for pressure/heat.Aim for 32f/29r off the track.That has worked for me with my road bike on track.
I did the first couple of sessions on K3s the other day,before going to slicks.They worked well(admittedly using warmers).

Obviously depending on temp etc. I would drop the K3 to 36psi for the first session.Check immediately after the session for pressure/heat.Aim for 32f/29r off the track.That has worked for me with my road bike on track.
I did the first couple of sessions on K3s the other day,before going to slicks.They worked well(admittedly using warmers).

Thanks Baz. Just to qualify so im sure - do i drop the tyres to 36 psi when i first unload the bike with tyres COLD?
And then adjust them to 32/29 when i come back in from a session with tyres HOT?

Just want to make sure!

Drop them to 36 cold for first session.
After that it is all relevant to track conditions and tyre temp.
As your pace increases,drop them gradually eventually aiming for about 32/29 off track.

Drop them to 36 cold for first session.
After that it is all relevant to track conditions and tyre temp.
As your pace increases,drop them gradually eventually aiming for about 32/29 off track.

Got it and thank you again fella.

I'm well up for a forum TD. Ill be able to get a group discount for Snett if that helps. Just need a rough idea of numbers etc.

I'm here to help if you need me

Latest posts

Back