Forum trackday

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forum Trackday 2012 Face Off!!

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I did a track day at Bedford and I have decided flat Ex airfield tracks are to be avoided no matter how good the tarmac is..get yourself to Cadwell or Oulton Park where you have some gradient to play with, they are miles more interesting to ride around:O)

Thanks Baz. Just to qualify so im sure - do i drop the tyres to 36 psi when i first unload the bike with tyres COLD?
And then adjust them to 32/29 when i come back in from a session with tyres HOT?

Just want to make sure!

Did a very cold Cadwell last month and even if you were held up for a short time behind a slower rider you could almost feel the tyres going cold! I was advised 32 30 for that particular day. The bm is bloody quick for Cadwell that's for sure! Last time out on a K6 thou and this time I had to recalibrate for tipping in to Coppice as the bm is going so flipping quick at the end of the start finish straight!

I did a track day at Bedford and I have decided flat Ex airfield tracks are to be avoided no matter how good the tarmac is..get yourself to Cadwell or Oulton Park where you have some gradient to play with, they are miles more interesting to ride around:O)

Ive only ever done Bedford in my Megane R26.R track car - enjoyed it - easy to learn and go fast quickly - but bored me senseless within 30 mins. I would never consider it on my bike.

Did a very cold Cadwell last month and even if you were held up for a short time behind a slower rider you could almost feel the tyres going cold! I was advised 32 30 for that particular day. The bm is bloody quick for Cadwell that's for sure! Last time out on a K6 thou and this time I had to recalibrate for tipping in to Coppice as the bm is going so flipping quick at the end of the start finish straight!

That last sentence really got my juices flowing - love it!!

I'd have voted for brands as it looked good yesterday but snetterton will do.

Bike trackday virgin so looking forward to seeing how slow I am

And you can pick up all your old broken bits from edge of track whilst your there!!!

I would be up for Brands Hatch.
GP circuit though, the indy is just too short.

I see the voting closed 29th April, but I just sneaked one in for Snett - never had the pleasure......

Ok - hold the smart comments about always last!

I see the voting closed 29th April, but I just sneaked one in for Snett - never had the pleasure......

Ok - hold the smart comments about always last!

It was 29th April 2013 :) It never came to be though Hampy mainly due to the rubbish weather etc. We have decided just book what ever you fancy and we will try to tag along. I'm up at Snett on the 21st May and after June 17th I will try to get a many in as possible. Baz lives there by the way so you will always see a friendly face. Bumped into Ptrax and Farebro up there on the 6th so you never know.

Back