Fork seal leak?...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah mine has always looked like that when I've been on a long blat,

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Fork Seal

That looks fine to me and nothing more than normal use. As already mentioned you would soon know if you had a leaking fork seal as it would be much more obvious.

I had the same sort of thing and took it back to the dealer to get it checked, there is a film of grease behind the dust cap and that's what heats up and causes the film you see, Like Ryan said if the foark seal was gone there would be alot of oil

Glad this came up , one of my mates reckoned my fork leg was leaking as it looks like this. Good news then , cheers.

Mine is the same after a decent blast (worse), as per Balallan's comment, there is grease up behind the dust cap that is responsible for what you are seeing......

Mine was slightly worse and I could feel a hair line score on the fork leg inner when I ran my thumbnail across it.
Asked Darren at MCT about it and he didn't mention anything about grease?!
Took the fork out(RHS) and MCT put new seal in it and polished out scoring for ?100.
He said it would have only been ?60 if he didn't have to remove some BMW anti tamper thing!
Similar thing happened to a mate of mine - Lind Motorrad BMW charged him ?500- admittedly they did both sides and took the forks out but was in there for a service anyway - robbing bastards!

Mine was slightly worse and I could feel a hair line score on the fork leg inner when I ran my thumbnail across it.
Asked Darren at MCT about it and he didn't mention anything about grease?!
Took the fork out(RHS) and MCT put new seal in it and polished out scoring for ?100.
He said it would have only been ?60 if he didn't have to remove some BMW anti tamper thing!
Similar thing happened to a mate of mine - Lind Motorrad BMW charged him ?500- admittedly they did both sides and took the forks out but was in there for a service anyway - robbing bastards!

Tim from Lind frequents this forum, so I'm sure he could if, if needed, break down the costs.

Latest posts

Back