Focused Events BMW Track Training Silverstone 30th July

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm thinking of doing one of these this year.

I understand the've added some road test stuff to the programme this year.

For people who have been on them (Chors/Rust etc...) How was the day - what did you learn. Was it all about body position? How were the instructors? Would it be a good intro to track days?

All info appreciated.

Last edited:
Yeah, I intend to do the BMW one from FE because I'm insured through BMW insurance.

I fancy a go on the bike with stabilisers to get my body position sorted!

Once I've done that I'll venture into other days elsewhere I reckon.....

After a day out with you at the weekend I've got enough to be getting on with in terms of practising for now!

Hi Chorsley, I did one this Monday at Donington...it was brilliant, I took my own bike...I understand that if you even dink the hire bikes they keep the whole excess so you might want to check that.
I had James Haydon as my instructor ...I did learn a lot....although I found out my new leathers whilst designed to be stylish in taking out the stretchy bits…have a small flaw…too tight…I can’t get my knee out! I can now however say I overtook James at Donington….even if it was only because he slowed down and waved me past…(!) It was brilliant... Only down side being the high vis jacket they make you wear!
I'm at Brands for an evening meet on the 30th if anyone's going to that?

Well, I'm thinking of doing one of these this year.

I understand the've added some road test stuff to the programme this year.

For people who have been on them (Chors/Rust etc...) How was the day - what did you learn. Was it all about body position? How were the instructors? Would it be a good intro to track days?

All info appreciated.

The road bit is basically to try out some of the other bikes, the naked S1, the F800R and one other (one of those off road types at which point I lost interest)... it's not really a training exercise it's just a test drive. The body position training was great, really useful, the bike with stabiliers was fun, I was told to try some back brake to bring the back in a bit, tried it and spun the back out so I was glad it was uncrashable and I got to try it to know I wont try it again on mine! We were all fairly new/out of practice on the track so yes a good intro to the track plus I didn't meet a single patronising prat all day...:smile-new:

Cheers for the info - glad you got something out of it.

Unless they want to give me a spin on a HP4 I'm not fussed about the other bikes either!

Latest posts

Back