Focused Events BMW Track Training Silverstone 30th July

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chorsley

Reaction score
I received a free track and training day as part of my purchase of my S1000rr I have booked this for 30th of July anybody else either done one of these or has one booked? Going on the same day?

I have plenty of four wheel track experience but never been out on track on two wheels, I looked at MCE motorsport for insurance and as I have not held my bike license for 5 years they would not insure me and even if they would the excess would be £2K! how much :beaten:

So I have booked to use one of focused events bikes at £200 with an excess of £690.

Last edited:
Hi Chorsley. I did my first track day yesterday, it also was a FE Track & Training day. Was a great day, plenty of on and off track time (not as in crashing though!). Don't worry about going on track, you'll love it mate, just take it at your own pace. The instructors (Niall MacKenzie in my case) take you out each time, first three laps were 'sighting laps' which to be honest were way too slow but all part of the experience, after the first full session, 20 minutes, it's pretty much up to your own pace. They tried to have five sessions yesterday but was cut to four thanks to the lovely British weather.

Enjoy it and have fun, Silverstone is an excellent track! :congratulatory:

I went to Silverstone and it was frankly disappointing!!!!
I would have recieved better instruction from an individual instructor at £20 a session.

Hi jovie, come and do my day at Snetterton on August 12th and you will have one instructor to 4 participants, if you've learnt the lines and want fast tuition I'll introduce you to Baz, he's done more track days at Snet' than anyone, the instruction and demo bikes are all free!

www.sporting-register.talktalk.net

Only 25 places left. £120 road bikes only

Hi jovie, come and do my day at Snetterton on August 12th and you will have one instructor to 4 participants, if you've learnt the lines and want fast tuition I'll introduce you to Baz, he's done more track days at Snet' than anyone, the instruction and demo bikes are all free!

is this an open invite?

I have sent you a PM

:triumphant:

I'm well up for this! Have a new found love for snetterton, just make sure I take my baffle this time!!

Yes it's open to anyone who wants to ride home at the end of the day, can someone explain to me how to get the P M (not the PMT) and I'll explain how to get round Riches (one of the best corners in England)

Yes,come along chaps-I'm all yours for the day.(And I'm free!)

Even if you don't know the lines you can copy mine-I've done over 5000 miles(not a misprint)around Snetterton 300

Yes it's open to anyone who wants to ride home at the end of the day, can someone explain to me how to get the P M (not the PMT) and I'll explain how to get round Riches (one of the best corners in England)

top of your screen on the notifications tab, in there you will have the pm displayed mate

Yes,come along chaps-I'm all yours for the day.(And I'm free!)

Even if you don't know the lines you can copy mine-I've done over 5000 miles(not a misprint)around Snetterton 300
Cheers Baz, ive just booked myself a space. Looking forward to it.

You going to join the fun Doc? and Greg?

Last edited:
i take it you are going experienced? i might need to buy another number plate as im not sure mine is road legal, lol

Yep, experienced mate. Its good to know everyone will have a massive sail on their Bikes (just like mine), helps with slowing down lol

Hi Bins, I can't miss this opportunity to sign up and meet some of the forum members.
Any slots left? If so can you hold for me until I can get form and payment back to you?
Experienced or Intermediate - I have not been to Snetterton before.

Best regards,
M.

Hold on!!!!
At this rate the places will be gone by the time i can book!!! :disgust:

Jokes.
Thanks for this I would love to, unfortunately I do shiftwork and I'm training at that time so I won't know what I am doing for a few weeks yet.
I know you probably can't hold a place open, but are the places transferable if I book and can't make it?

Right then guys, I've get a plan for jovie, get the forms to me on line if you can, then I hold a place, then send me a cheque (get one from your granny, uncle, kids or any one) by snail mail (make sure you put your name on the back, and any more relevant info) when you know if you can do it or not, let me know and I bank the cheque or tear it up, you turn up on the day and we all have fun! simples.

I could let you pay and do a transfer, but I don't want to see places on ebay for £1000 buy it now!!! I have a reserve list for the June day, I just cross names out of the book and offer it to the next one.

As far as groups go, we do insist that if it's your first track day you go in the cautious, you have the option to nominate a squad between 1 and 12, our inter group has a session of training in squads of 4, most people have done between 1 and 6 days, in our experienced group some will not have been to Snet' before and some will be ex racers! in my briefing I will be laying the law down about looking after our fellow riders, if you are fast, get to the front of the pit lane and get out first. there will be space to move groups if required.

By the way why the Fxxx are we discussing this under this topic? there was a big joke going round with the top brass from BMW last year on the trip to Garmisch, it was something about Mr Focussed Events trying to buy my interests in track days, I made it perfectly clear that he aint got that sort of dosh!!!

Back