First week ownership.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itzjonno

Reaction score
So after about 4 weeks deciding on what to buy I bought a 17 s1000RR.

Only had one proper ride so far and really enjoyed it. A lot smoother that I expected with the quickershifter from 2 To 6. I've been clutching from 1 to 2 which just keeps me feeling like I'm in control and have at least one job! Very responsive handling and shit hot brakes.

The seating position is very comfortable for me at 5ft 11'. I bought a puig screen before I got the bike but the stock one is excellent so I'm going to leave that for now. 70mph and very little wind noise.

The stock exhaust is shocking. Euro4 really has made it so quite. My mates R125 is louder stock until about 4k revs! Have a AR on order so it's no biggie.

The lean sensor will be the death of me. I cannot stop myself from trying to better it. First ride was 45 degrees if anyone wants to know my testicular circumference.

The only pretty serious negative is that the bike seems so top heavy. I wheeled both my Ninja 636 and the Beemer out of the garage and it really struck me. There are only a few KGs in then and the RR feels twice the weight at the top. This is really a problem when I have to do a 10 point turn for my garage!

All in all so far I'm loving the bike and can't recommend enough. Costing me a fortune with all the carbon but wouldn't have it any other way.

A 1Jac/ Warrior Spider might help the turn around issue. I agree they are top heavy and more unwieldy than some others. Best to leave the tank empty!

- Sent from Mobile

Latest posts

Back