first track day!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yam-andy

Reaction score
hopefully planning on getting to a track this weekend! fairings have turned up, cheers cally, and baffle for racefit has turned up to so hopefully no noise issues!! right I'm working this evening so need to fit up fairings etc tomorrow etc, question is I know if I remove head lights I will get somekind of warning, is bike ok to run like this until I get a resistor kit? will the warnings disappear when switch back to road trim or is it a dealer reset? other issue is tyres, bike still has road spec tyres (pirelli bsb corsas) I've got some dunlop 212 scrubs of a mate, would road spec tyres be alright considering it only first track day, I like to think I'm pretty quick as a road rider but know the track is a different game, so prob just go in as novice and see how I progress during the day, any advice welcome
cheers
Andy

is bike ok to run like this until I get a resistor kit? will the warnings disappear when switch back to road trim or is it a dealer reset?
WHat year bike is it? Early ones will give a LAMPF error so you cant see the temperature. Can run no problems or it can be switched off at the dealers.
Later bikes (2112 iirc) can switch it off yourself. Error goes of when lights reconnected.

other issue is tyres, bike still has road spec tyres (pirelli bsb corsas) I've got some dunlop 212 scrubs of a mate, would road spec tyres be alright considering it only first track day,
Yes road tyres fine.
I like to think I'm pretty quick as a road rider but know the track is a different game, so prob just go in as novice and see how I progress during the day, any advice welcome
cheers
Andy
My advice leave the ego at the entrance to the track. Just go to enjoy the day, nothing more and don't try to prove anything.

Have fun.

bike is a 2011 not to fussed about error message being on as long as it had no affect on mode selection and abs etc and cleared when I put road lights back in! might be worth a trip to dealers eventually as would want to keep eye on temps!! , it's looking like I will be going to anglesey, most mates ride in fast group but like you say I've got nothing to prove so I'll be having a steady ride, used to do motocross track days and for me this is pretty similar day out mainly just for the craic with the lads, plus I've got portamaio booked for October so don't want to stuff it!!

Was at Anglesey last Sunday, had some classic car race on. 15 of us on bikes invaded the pits for a ride around and then scarpered when security
started getting shirty.

Was at Anglesey last Sunday, had some classic car race on. 15 of us on bikes invaded the pits for a ride around and then scarpered when security
started getting shirty.

PMSL why was was the security riding ?

Latest posts

Back