First service - notification on dash?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dealer told me to bring mine in on the first service and they'd fit it for me

BS about the slick plug, but in Europe the regs are different so maybe they are confused? Anyway, it's a quick, easy job to do yourself. Had it in slick for the first time at croft, oh yes, me likey. Not sure about it for public roads but that's personal preference and way off thread :).

Well, my local dealer refused point blank to fit the coding plug (I want it for user mode, couldn't care less about slick tbh). They said it was because I could go on track and if I crashed, I could hold them liable. This is rubbish IMO. I can fit it myself, but that's not the point. I asked what the official line from Motorrad was, and they didn't know.

Well, my local dealer refused point blank to fit the coding plug (I want it for user mode, couldn't care less about slick tbh). They said it was because I could go on track and if I crashed, I could hold them liable. This is rubbish IMO. I can fit it myself, but that's not the point. I asked what the official line from Motorrad was, and they didn't know.

My dealer fitted mine for me

Dealer fitted mine too

Maybe I'm missing something.... but why not pop the seat off and fit it yourself? Takes about 30 seconds :)

Maybe I'm missing something.... but why not pop the seat off and fit it yourself? Takes about 30 seconds :)

Yes, it does. However, its the principle. My dealer was unable to tell me the official remit from BMW as to why they couldn't fit the plug. No sound excuse or reasoning, so that's a problem. Wouldn't have minded if they had a good reason. This is the issue...

Yes, it does. However, its the principle. My dealer was unable to tell me the official remit from BMW as to why they couldn't fit the plug. No sound excuse or reasoning, so that's a problem. Wouldn't have minded if they had a good reason. This is the issue...

I getcha- send an email to your dealer asking for an official response, mention that other BMW dealers are fitting the plugs for customers. If they won't commit, take it higher! If they say you can't fit the plug, demand a workaround to enable USER mode without the plug- you paid for the functionality after all!

I getcha- send an email to your dealer asking for an official response, mention that other BMW dealers are fitting the plugs for customers. If they won't commit, take it higher! If they say you can't fit the plug, demand a workaround to enable USER mode without the plug- you paid for the functionality after all!
Yep. Pay for user mode and a dealer won't fit to enable it. WTF? Mine wouldn't fit it from new as I think it overrides the rev limiter, but did it on first service

Yep. Pay for user mode and a dealer won't fit to enable it. WTF? Mine wouldn't fit it from new as I think it overrides the rev limiter, but did it on first service

Installing the slick plug before the 600 mile first service invalidates the 2 year warranty.

Done :)

Back