First service - notification on dash?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevie

Reaction score
Now have 700 miles on the clock. Expected a notification on the dash that the first service is due. Haven't got anything showing yet. Manual says first service should be between 500-1200KMs.

Does the bike indicate when the first service is due, or is it common consensus that it should be brought in at 600 miles?

I did 1000 miles before mine was serviced. No notification, but my dash was also very loose at the time....

The bike does not tell you of the first service, once the first service is complete it will then tell you at a period of around 11 months that the service is due and the month, it will tell you every time you turn the ignition on.

If you disconnect the battery after about 6 months from the service then it will start and give you the service month.

So everyone who has a new RR had the service indicator come on when it reached 600 miles? Can everyone confirm this please as mine didn't. Given the issues I'm trying to piece together more info.

Wonder if there is a firmware upgrade?
Loupe, I think yours must have been the test build bike in the factory. I'd check for a pre-production serial number! :nightmare::hororr:

Now have 700 miles on the clock. Expected a notification on the dash that the first service is due. Haven't got anything showing yet. Manual says first service should be between 500-1200KMs.

Does the bike indicate when the first service is due, or is it common consensus that it should be brought in at 600 miles?
Nothing for me too but my bikes a lemon. I'm sure there's absolutely nothing to be concerned about with your bike but I want to clarify if everyone else's dash informed them if a service was due.

Wonder if there is a firmware upgrade?
Loupe, I think yours must have been the test build bike in the factory. I'd check for a pre-production serial number! :nightmare::hororr:
Im beginning to think it was used in the mission impossible film

The recorded mileage by the dealer in my service book was 591 and no I didn't get a 'service light'. I'm sure it wouldn't come on at 600 exactly. Just wait for the next service miles now see if it appears.

Is this a setting configurable by the dealer do you think?

Had the service warning from the start. Turn on the ignition and it displayed xxx miles to next service.

Same here and it kept telling me 'May 15' as well. Then when it reahed 600 miles it said 'service now' and the warning light came on. Does the dealer programme this in during the PDI?

It seems that there are a few differences between bikes then? Some with countdown, some saying service and mine trumped you all with a moving dash. Wonder if that's in the HP parts list?

So everyone who has a new RR had the service indicator come on when it reached 600 miles? Can everyone confirm this please as mine didn't. Given the issues I'm trying to piece together more info.

No, mine didn't and still hasnt

Is odd that some show it and others don't. Has to be a software thing.

Also, has anyone had pushback from the dealers about fitting the slick/user plug? Mine said that they didn't think they are allowed to fit these "due to them being for racing." Load of tosh if you ask me. Will be telling them the same when it goes in for the service

Back