First Euro Trip - Portimao 25 June ' 22

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

Reaction score
A thread for silly questions from me....i'll apologise in advance being a Euro TrackDay Virgin

Tyres: What tyres would you suggest please? Have only ridden on SuperCorsa on tracks. Would you advise getting Slicks? I have tyre warmers that I will be taking

*(All the gear, no idea)*

My first euro this year too. Never ridden on slicks but decided seeing as im going to the effort of going the distance im going to try out V02's.

Plus its not going to be like the UK. Should have decent track temperature and 3 back to back days to really enjoy it.

My plan is to get the 1st day done on michilein Power RS's to familirise myself then slicks for day 2/3.

This is my take on things anyway.....

Not sure i'm quick enough to run slicks....? Shy's option seesm sensible though

If it's hot weather you'll be ok for a session.
Thinking the D212 GP Racers Medium Front and Endurance Rear is a great combo at your pace. There's an option for them with Sipes and without (Slick), which make zero difference in the real world.

The Endurance rear and medium front will retain heat better than softer Dunlops, which is exactly what you want if you're worried about losing heat over the course of a session.

Last edited:
i only ever used Dunlops, the D212s as Alex stated however last time out in Nov in Andalucia i used the Metzeller TD slick. I run mid inters so not the fastest kiddie on the block but had no issues what so ever. Also you dont need to use tyre warmers if you dont want to (i did). Totally different feel from what i was used to.
what i will say about the 212s is they give great tyre wear fer sure.
Mut

I don't think it would fit.

You're better off with soft bags. More flexible for the space. Don't damage the paint.

Also with the carnet you have to detail everything so pack light.
Essentials are; tools to remove wheels (and calipers), tyre pressure gauge, pump, fuel funnel or jug, paddock stands, tyre blankets, power extension lead (consider eu and 16amp adapters of course). Helmet, gloves, back protector, suit and boots.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I don't think it would fit.

You're better off with soft bags. More flexible for the space. Don't damage the paint.

Also with the carnet you have to detail everything so pack light.
Essentials are; tools to remove wheels (and calipers), tyre pressure gauge, pump, fuel funnel or jug, paddock stands, tyre blankets, power extension lead (consider eu and 16amp adapters of course). Helmet, gloves, back protector, suit and boots.

Thanks Alex,

I think Im about 80% there with my carnet list i need to submit to Redline. Just holding off as I know something else will come up I've forgotten!

Chair...i forgot a camping chair...bloody essential in the heat

Chair...i forgot a camping chair...bloody essential in the heat

Yes, definitely take a chair. I forgot this on my first trip to Almeria - ended up having to buy one out there. Essential that you can sit somewhere in the shade between sesssions.

A thread for silly questions from me....i'll apologise in advance being a Euro TrackDay Virgin

Tyres: What tyres would you suggest please? Have only ridden on SuperCorsa on tracks. Would you advise getting Slicks? I have tyre warmers that I will be taking

*(All the gear, no idea)*
Been thinking about this and whilst I don't know your speed exactly I would say a hypersport will do. K3's, SuperCorsa's...

Latest posts

Back