First Euro Trip - Portimao 25 June ' 22

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you had a great time. Amazing circuit right. The elevation is daunting on the first sighting lap you do!

I've ended up getting the conti's too.
What pressures did you run? They feel like a relatively soft carcass compared to V02/Dunlop so I envisage running higher pressures than I am used to.

2:01 is going very well. You were in the wrong group! What was your gearing as you'te bombing the main straight. I don't see 186 afaik.

Turn 3 should hold it tight right to open up the blind left of 4...and avoid new underwear moments.

Last turn, click it up to 4th before you enter.

Last edited:
Glad you had a great time. Amazing circuit right. The elevation is daunting on the first sighting lap you do!

I've ended up getting the conti's too.
What pressures did you run? They feel like a relatively soft carcass compared to V02/Dunlop so I envisage running higher pressures than I am used to.

23psi hot rear

33psi hot front

Really shocked at how much life is still left in them! Unsure what to do with them now as i wont use them until next year when i go portimao again i reckon.

23psi hot rear

33psi hot front

Really shocked at how much life is still left in them! Unsure what to do with them now as i wont use them until next year when i go portimao again i reckon.
You will use them at brands on 6/6...i'll be testing them there.

If the track isn't wet, use slicks.

Haha i was at the top 5 in laptimes for inters group. It was my first time so definetly didnt want to book fast group.

Next may ill try Fast group. Yes it not only until i get home and watch the vids i see where im loosing time. Your defo right about clicking it to 4th just before the main straight. I think i could defo get a sub 2 min time with just those bits.

Bike is on 16F 45R sprocket

Yep i think 186mph is when the speedo stops counting?

So could have been going a tiny bit more?

Get a datalogger, then realise the true speed is way lower [emoji1787][emoji31]
Mugello is stupid fast but I still only hit 17x on the gps

Things are hotting up over there?.

0b463a537f45fc64866d7db5083e1696.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locked and (nearly) loaded with the help of Alex.

e0e418492bda30752c96f67f051e3c1c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The eagle has landed.

524daae4a04a738d2fc6c35e799eb0a0.jpg

Let?s hope there are no issues with the flight tomorrow, so will be able to unpack the stillage tomorrow and be ready to ride on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Yeah, weather looks fantastic?. Like a kid in a sweet shop ?. 1 more sleep [emoji23]

Aha let me know what FE are like.....I found out they have a drop off in Horsham and now I'm tempted by the Jerez event in September.

Heard some very mixed reviews online with FE though which sways me slightly.
They work fine, they have nuances, few hidden charges like fuel can hire when you're there and have zero choice but to use theirs.

Stillages are a decent size.

Main problems are over promising slightly chaotic comms. But if you just accept its no frills track time it all works reasonably.

The eagle has landed.

524daae4a04a738d2fc6c35e799eb0a0.jpg

Let?s hope there are no issues with the flight tomorrow, so will be able to unpack the stillage tomorrow and be ready to ride on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Yeah, weather looks fantastic?. Like a kid in a sweet shop ?. 1 more sleep [emoji23]

That's one small step ! [emoji3] stick some pics on Amit so we can drool over that weather out there.. my mate lives 20 minutes from the circuit..could do a double header.. week of Golf, week holiday/track riding.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Back