Fireblade rider looking to change to S1000RR.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IcarusGreen

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently on a much loved CBR1000RR-04 but am now looking to make the leap to an S1000RR. I took a 2010 model out for a test ride at the weekend, courtesy of Oxford BMW. Needless to say; I am smitten with the BMW, it is leaps and bounds ahead of my Blade and quite simply the best bike I have ever ridden.

I'm now contemplating buying the bike I test rode now or holding out and switching over the winter ready for next year. This will also allow me the time to buy some track fairings and crash protection as I'm aiming to do at least one track day a month next year.

Looking forward to getting involved as I know how good these forums can be (currently a member on www.1000rr.co.uk and will stay on it as the guys are top notch).

I do intend on testing the RSV4 and upcoming 3 cylinder R1 before going 100% firm

If you've got the patient to wait til the winter, and can afford the extra few thousand it will cost to go from a 2010 (i'm assuming used) to a new one. Then I'd say wait til early 2014, the 2014 model is rumoured to have improvements mostly being the suspension from the HP4.

If you can't wait then go for it, you won't regret it.

welcome aboard.
It will be 2014 if you are waiting for the trip R1 ( which sounds as a concept by the way)
personally I wouldnt buy an early 2010 model , they all have glitches ( 2012 probably has the most) but from what I have read the early ones are the most expensive glitches.
Enjoy the bike

The 2010 one I was looking at only had 2500miles on it, I'm in no rush to buy an S1000RR as I still have the Fireblade. I will hold out to see what the 2014 models have to offer but will most likely buy a low milage 2nd hand one and ensure I get warranty from the dealership.

Latest posts

Back