Extended warranty.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lllN30lll

Reaction score
Did a quote with warranty direct and it came back £276 for the year (can pay quarterly) Does that sound ok?

I can have it serviced anywhere I choose (There's no BMW dealers nearby)

From their email.

Dear Mr. Adams

Find policy document attached

Vehicle

BMW S 1000 RR

Cover

You are eligible for our BIKE WARRANTY cover, our highest level and I have attached our policy booklet so you can view exactly what we cover. In addition, Warranty Direct cover you for Wear and Tear claims on your vehicle meaning that if part has failed because it has “worn down” then we still cover the claim, this may sound straight forward but beware of some companies offering cover only against “Immediate sudden failure”. If wear and tear isn’t covered, almost any claim can be turned down as a result and wear and tear claims account for a large percentage of our work.

In addition, we cover problems found in your MOT or annual service which is a massive factor and we also cover consequential damage (damage caused by uninsured parts). If you don’t have these four areas covered on your policy then the warranty has a readymade get out clause.

Compare your Warranty

• Do they have a wear and tear exclusion?
  • Do they have a consequential loss exclusion?
  • Do they cover the cost of diagnostics?
  • Do they cover MOT and SERVICES failures to insured parts?
  • Do they have an overheating exclusion?
  • Do they guarantee 100% of the hourly labour rate?

Warranty Direct guarantee all of the above.

Quotation

£276.00 For 12 months cover This can be paid Quarterly Interest free

and this is the attached PDF.

http://www.pdfhost.net/index.php?Action=DownloadFile&id=733b3650969abef8605987760ebf049b

Did a quote with warranty direct and it came back £276 for the year (can pay quarterly) Does that sound ok?

I can have it serviced anywhere I choose (There's no BMW dealers nearby)

From their email.

and this is the attached PDF.

http://www.pdfhost.net/index.php?Action=DownloadFile&id=733b3650969abef8605987760ebf049b

With the amount of problems these bikes have its a very good idea to get an extended warranty.
Would be interesting to know if they would cover for corrosion, i'm not talking about your usual corrosion but the kind that has had BMW replacing oil sumps and (as I've had) a corroded fuel cap.

Dam that's cheep I've just tried a quote 2012 model
2k on the clock any garage 425 or BMW garage 325

Latest posts

Back