exhaust fueling and maps

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when bmw claim its 199 it probably is because its the power at the crank they quote not at the wheel so if you was to add 15 to 20% more than the figure you get at the wheel ie my 174 that would make mine around the 199 bhp figure they quote.
there will always be a difference in the figures as at the crank there is less resistance where as wheel figures the power is being transferred through many components to get to the wheel

but i agree they should quote wheel figures

Hi
When below the broken line on the Air/Fuel graph means engine is running rich. I've had mine done today and it's very very similar to yours. I'll try upload my printout. Thinking of returning the CR-T can due to internally misshaping and two small cracks on the carbon fiber has developed. Then installing a full arrow race exhaust and having a PC V fitted custom mapped to the bike.

Power%20Run%20S1000RR%20with%20CR-T_zpsbbhgiy0u.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

they could almost be the same print out mate very similar indeed let me know how it goes with sc please as i always found them terrible to deal with as i said before infact a mate has disputed the transaction with barclaycard now as cant get an answer from them

Anyone running a Dynojet Autotune?
I have one on order. Will be interesting to compare a map created by the autotune with a map created on a dyno...

Auto tune is really designed to take care of altitude/air pressure variances. A single dyno tuning day with the PCV+Secondary injector harness is more valuble IMO.
Also you need to have the WB02 sensor boss welded into the exhaust afaik, which is more hassle.

Auto tune is really designed to take care of altitude/air pressure variances. A single dyno tuning day with the PCV+Secondary injector harness is more valuble IMO.
Also you need to have the WB02 sensor boss welded into the exhaust afaik, which is more hassle.

I'll fit the Autotune, generate a map, then take the bike to the dyno place and have them have a go... lets see if they can do better (without secondary fuel module) than the autotune...

My Stainless Akrapovic headers already have the bosses for taking two sensors, so no welding required.

You might want to have a chat with Andy Galloway of Galloway Motorcycles in Reading which is local to you. He looks after my bike and is extremely knowledgeable. He's just round the corner from Blade Ducati/Honda. He's fitted a full titanium Akra to my bike and also a Rapid Bike Evo on his recommendation instead of a PCV.

I went with the Bazzaz as it has 8 injector control OOTB. Believe the Rapid Bike EVO is the same, might even have ignition timing too?

The PCV is good and I had the AutoTune on my CB1R and never had an issue with the map so it's all good. We're talking 1% here and there differences.

I spoke to a local tuner up here that is extremely well known for tuning plenty of the Superstock bikes up to BSB level and when I asked about the PCV and autotune he told me not to bother with the autotune as the price outweighs the gains to be had from it.

He insists that a decent map with either a Bazzaz or a PCV is more than enough and that any gains from the autotune on the road are certainly not going to be felt by anyone riding the bike.

Read into that what you want but I suppose the autotune does have a market in terms of just being able to leave the bike to sort it's own fueling out, but if it isn't needing much of a trim over and above what the custom map has already offered then you have to ask is the appeal down to most people seeming to think it is actually mapping the bike on the fly and offering even more power? :)

And as much as there was an argument for the Bazzaz being more useable given that it connects to all 8 injectors, again he just said that was a tuners preference really as he could achieve pretty much the same results on the same bike with either unit if pushed to do so, but he himself preferred working with the PCV.

Dynojet Autotune

There is very little value in purchasing an Autotune Module particularly if you have access to a Dyno. You would be far better off paying a reputable tuner for a custom map bespoke for your bike.

The way I see it is that the autotune costs about 220quid. a professional dyno tune and pcv setup of custom map is unlikely to be any cheaper...

But the custom map is only really good for that day in those (artificial) conditions with those mods to the bike. If you change anything on the bike your custom map is no longer optimal.

Also in my case I don't have a lot of spare time, so getting my bike to a dyno is a problem. Much simpler to attach an autotune and let it do its thing. Once the autotune has created a good custom map that I'm happy with, I could sell the autotune and get back at least half the initial cost or keep it for the next bike, or just leave it on and see how it thinks the map needs to change over time (compare summer to winter etc).

I think there is alot of secrecy and myth surrounding bike tuning. I'm really curious to see the difference between an autotune map and a custom map. Afterall, it's all just numbers on a grid, should be easy to do a comparison.

There is very little value in purchasing an Autotune Module particularly if you have access to a Dyno. You would be far better off paying a reputable tuner for a custom map bespoke for your bike.

That's what people say, but I have NEVER seen any conclusive comparison between a custom map created by a tuner and a map created by an autotune.
The PCV can store two maps. I would love to have a custom map and autotune map so I could switch between the two and ask people to guess which map is which by riding the bike.... anyone remember the Pepsi challenge??

That's what people say, but I have NEVER seen any conclusive comparison between a custom map created by a tuner and a map created by an autotune.
The PCV can store two maps. I would love to have a custom map and autotune map so I could switch between the two and ask people to guess which map is which by riding the bike.... anyone remember the Pepsi challenge??

Its your money. It's ok to go this route. Static maps don't get affected by the WB02 sensor of the auto tune getting degraded over time, is my only other caution on the matter.

Its your money. It's ok to go this route. Static maps don't get affected by the WB02 sensor of the auto tune getting degraded over time, is my only other caution on the matter.

I don't intend to leave the autotune on all the time. Once the autotune has done its thing and the trims have been accepted, the auto tune can be removed from the bike and I'll have a static map just like you would get from a tuning shop.
That's what I want to see a comparison of - static map created by autotune and static map created by tuner on a dyno.
Pull both maps into Excel and do a cell by cell comparison.

Latest posts

Back