Europe 2017

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Reet lads... Im away in 4 weeks.. Ferry Newcastle to Amsterdam.. then down into Switzerland... Theres loads I have to think about. Firstly fuel... I really need a spare fuel container. I have a red 500ml Alu Bottle but think Ill upgrade to 1.0ltr. Is there anything on the market I can buy with a holder. That way I could attach maybe onto my rear peg hangar for example... I can live with 500ml but rather have 1ltre at least. As an example last time we went to Scandinavia I ran out of fuel in Lesmahagow... my mates turned back to find me pushing my blade... not bad eh 40 minutes into the journey... the one I have is similar to this...

Stu
1be378887b0bf4a3f38e8b4a46bb8e1c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I usually take a 1 metre long small diameter plastic hose to siphon petrol, keep it under the tail seat.

+1 - I took one after reading on a site about this....I was the hero that rescued my mates Tuono after he put 15 euro of Diesel in the middle of the French countryside.....

+1 - I took one after reading on a site about this....I was the hero that rescued my mates Tuono after he put 15 euro of Diesel in the middle of the French countryside.....

How the f13k did you manage to drink all that, I'm full after two litres of Irn-Bru and a haggis supper. Lol

JimmyMac

OK I have the fuel sussed.. I will post up my solution in a few days.. NEXT tyres.

My Michelin Power Super Sports are done in...thats been around 2k since they were fitted. Bearing in mind I will be doing say 1700 miles round trip in 4 weeks time.. I've been thinking going back to M7RRs, I had superb mileage from the last 2 sets. I want to fit Michelin Power RS but not for this trip... any advice on what I'm just about to embark on lads

Could go Michelin Pilot 3 or 4s...just thinking motorway mileage..can't see much in the way of hammering it on bends..so straight mileage with decent grip is the objective

Last edited:
Rosso 2s have just taken me to stelvio pass and back (1600 miles) and look barely touched. Dual compound too so no squaring off as yet

Thanks lads. I just realised...200 rear..had a quick look online.. keeps slipping my mind Ive a 200. So limited to choice. Ill look up the Pirellis shortly.. Thats really encouraging David... is the 2 a completely different tyre to the 3 then, does the 3 supercede the 2 or is it simply a different tyre (hope that makes sense).

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think it's a completely different tyre. It's been around a while now. Its all I've had on the s1k so far and can't fault them for road use. Pretty much the same as Michelin pilot power 2ct, I like them too

Has anyone got a checklist for touring in Europe, there's a few on the web, but mainly geared for Harleys and larger Beemers that have loads of luggage space..

Any guidance/tips/hints would be great, I'm just trying to cover all bases. I Have a BMW tail bag I bought from Mick, a wunderlich tank bag thanks to Black and a 40 ltr holdall type thing I bought from Lomo.

We will be going thru Holland, Germany, Switzerland, Austria.

Stuart

Three things you need for Europe:

1. Passport
2. Bank card
3. Baby wipes

Everthing else is too much, noo get on with it.

JimmyMac

What Jimmy said plus I have a few essential tools and some of that tape you recommended . I also bought a tyre puncture repair can of gunk for less than ?10 off Amazon for that 'just in case I get a puncture in the middle of nowhere' scenario.

Its worthwhile taking a photocopy of your documents/passport and keeping them somewhere separate. On a trip back from Italy a few years back one of the idiots I was with lost his passport and only realised at the dock in the Netherlands (we think he left it on top of his tail bag at the services). We told the border officer that his real name was Mustafa and that he needed a full cavity search (the officer was in on the joke, albeit not politically correct sorry).

Three things you need for Europe:

1. Passport
2. Bank card
3. Baby wipes

Everthing else is too much, noo get on with it.

JimmyMac
Lol, sounds about right, maybe a few extra pairs of undies?

I take a spare key.
Crafty Plugger Puncture repair.
All bike docs.
License etc.
A few cable ties.

Last edited:
I'll tag on the end a few things I found I needed...

Spare ear plugs
Euro adaptor for all things that needs charged. I.e. Phone, sat nav, blue tooth head sets. If you only have one it's a nightmare.
Few torx bits as a few bits did come loose. (Both of us lost pinch bolts out the fork legs)
Visor cleaner + cloth
Chain lube. Wurth do small size that fits in the tank bag. [emoji108]
Defo spare keys. Swap with ya mate so you have his and he has yours.
Maps yes the paper ones. [emoji23]
Just a few tips. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't bother with a fuel can. I took one when I went to Barcelona and it was just something else to cart about. Never used it. I'd rather take a puncture kit.
SDOC do small chain lubes too. Take zipe ties, multitool, small roll of electrical tape or some duct tape, puncture kit.

Great stuff guy's keep the tips coming.. yea I've a small Wurth chain lube and helmet cleaner, so they are on the list and key too.

Latest posts

Back