Donny today, July 25

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
FM its warm!

Took my best down from a 1:51.2 to a 1:48.95 is session 1.

Not going to push my luck. Need to just repeat it safely.

- Alex

Now lost 2 sessions to red flags. Literally 0 completed laps since session 1.

All appear to by high-sides necessitating ambulance attendance. Wish everyone would back it off a notch so we can do a session...

- Alex

Sport 0

Might try Race +3 but tbh its not holding me back...and just saved me from a massive high-side out of Melbourne.

- Alex

Race -3 is working well...bigger wheelies of course.

Have video of the slide and TC intervention

- Alex

I was there today, ******* horrible is the only way to describe it!
First day on the new bike and I was pretty terrible to be honest, heat really didn't help.

I was there today, ******* horrible is the only way to describe it!
First day on the new bike and I was pretty terrible to be honest, heat really didn't help.
Just read Alex and your post... what was going on there today ?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

donny does tend to be bit of a flag fest,very hard to get a decent day there now.

Managed to get a 1:48.25 in the end...to b-man's delight he got a .22.

Took some footage of my feet to see what I am doing. Looking forward to watching that.

In the fast group I was getting done on the brakes way too often. I *could* pull the lever harder initially, but my zip tie on the fork was smashed flat already. So I think I need a stronger spring I've wound on preload before and added compression both beyond the settings HM first put in it. Probably best to speak to Perry about it.

- Alex

Took some footage of my feet to see what I am doing. Looking forward to watching that.

In the fast group I was getting done on the brakes way too often. I *could* pull the lever harder initially, but my zip tie on the fork was smashed flat already. So I think I need a stronger spring I've wound on preload before and added compression both beyond the settings HM first put in it. Probably best to speak to Perry about it.

- Alex
Where are you on preload and what is the available range?

I doubt you would need new springs, you can't have one universal value for every track. If you are aggressive on gas coming into old hairpin, the front will compress a lot.

- Alex

Can't quite remember the convo we had before departing but I seem to remember 'gym' was in it ….. :barbershop_quartet_

thats the thing with settings,as you speed up,ride harder and get faster they will change,sounds like you need a bit more support on the front,but donny has a bump coming into goddards,which can give a false reading (when using a cable tie),hence why suspension pots are very usefull when logging data.unless your at the upper ends of adjustment i'd be inclined to have more of a play with the settings first.did it feel like it was bottoming out (coming into melbourne+goddards are prob the most notable areas),any front end chatter?

thats the thing with settings,as you speed up,ride harder and get faster they will change,sounds like you need a bit more support on the front,but donny has a bump coming into goddards,which can give a false reading (when using a cable tie),hence why suspension pots are very usefull when logging data.unless your at the upper ends of adjustment i'd be inclined to have more of a play with the settings first.did it feel like it was bottoming out (coming into melbourne+goddards are prob the most notable areas),any front end chatter?

Yes it has bottomed and I know that knocking sensation, from Snetterton and here. Anywhere there is a good hard stop I can get it to bottom, having said that I'm probably not too far from ideal, .25-.5. And a diet would help I'm sure.

If you've got the app I can send over the 2D-Datalogs - I have a 2D front pot, but with the TTX in the rear I don't have a rear pot (so quite where it gets the data from in that column is beyond me).

Screenshot 2019-07-26 at 15.25.02.png

yea i've gotr the 2d program on my pc,fire it over.

i find the graph option a bit easier to read,or even the histogram,can see how many times your hitting full compression,and also with the track map to see where on track (although it's usually pretty clear)

you''l also find as you get more confident on brakes,jamming them on harder+faster will effect how they compress,rather than a softer,steadier application which doesn't compress the forks as much,your getting faster so adjustments will always need to be made.

do you still have the standard rear pot on? thats not connected to the shock anyway so will take reading from that

Back