Donny today, July 25

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christ, nevermind - I've watched the vids and looked at the data - the springs are not the issue...

so what is?

Shit technique, as always. There's a million things I can do better before worrying about the front springs. For instance if I just braked evenly...trailing off, instead of being lazy at the start, then over compensating. Also, there are some bumps into some of the braking zones I may have incorrectly labelled as being end of fork travel on this occasion.

This was off my fastest lap into Melbourne. Doing it all backwards - Roll off, squeeze to full brakes (quickly but not abruptly), releasing as you slow down... - I did the reverse as I clearly misjudged it by being tardy at the start of the braking zone.

I won't need heavier springs if I do it better.

Stage 1
Screenshot 2019-07-26 at 18.29.25.png

Stage 2
Screenshot 2019-07-26 at 18.29.07.png

Last edited:
practice makes perfect ;)

have you ever thought about proper 1-2-1 training(pro coach,not a t/day instructer),it amazing what it can do for your riding,and as long as put the effort in and listen to what they say i gaurantee it'll make you quicker,but safer also.

if your booked on a euro trip have a look at getfaster.com (Mike dickinson) or in the UK spike (theres a few others now well regarded also,but these are the 2 i've used in the past.

it's suprising how people that have been riding for yrs cant get quicker,as with anything,if you dont know how,it's hard to do,but just takes that 1 observation about your riding that your doing wrong to unlock your potential.

you seem keen on improving your riding,be it through understanding your bike,data,tech stuff etc (simialr to me) so it's something i'd look into if i was you

I've taken some instruction before - had a half day with Crafar (till I crashed lol (on my own)) sessions with Brogey in Almeria and Anglesey on a JW 2 dayer. But I have to agree I probably do need to commit some more ???'s to it. The bike is in a good place technically. I need to get fitter, and find someone that helps me unlock my two main issues, cornering and going in a straight line - HAHA. I know Nemomoto really helped bananaman and obviously you like Mike D and Spike. Was thinking of trying to pursue more motovudu time with Dean Skipper.

Will probably see who will be at Jerez with Focused in October.

Aye..I meant with the red flags n stuff sounded a drag

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ah sorry mate, me being thick!
I think a lot of it was people pushing too hard with over heated tyres, and the groups seemed all over the place with abilities.

I've taken some instruction before - had a half day with Crafar (till I crashed lol (on my own)) sessions with Brogey in Almeria and Anglesey on a JW 2 dayer. But I have to agree I probably do need to commit some more ???'s to it. The bike is in a good place technically. I need to get fitter, and find someone that helps me unlock my two main issues, cornering and going in a straight line - HAHA. I know Nemomoto really helped bananaman and obviously you like Mike D and Spike. Was thinking of trying to pursue more motovudu time with Dean Skipper.

Will probably see who will be at Jerez with Focused in October.

yep heard good things about nemo,and simon's methods are very good,he's one of the nicest guys you'll meet in the paddock.
imo a euro trip is better value,good weather,lotsa more tracktime and back to back days to work on what you've been shown.

i'll take a peep at the data files in few days when i get a day off

Btw is there a way to delete the laps that are of no benefit? I used to whittle down the AIM ones to the top 10 ish.

- Alex

Last edited:
not sure tbh,i'm guessing there is but will have a look

Back