Discontinued?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy tims

Reaction score
The 2015RR is no longer available on the Motorrad Configurator.

"Sorry, but the model in your configurator is no longer available."

Anyone know anything before I phone a dealer?

Interesting...I can't see it here as an option either.
https://build-my-bike.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/index_en_GB.html#/modelfinder

I wonder if they have an update ready for http://www.eicma.it/en/ (November 10-13) when a lot of 2017 models are announced. BMW do tend to tweak the model every 2 years. Think of it as an iPhone 6S update after the 6 was released.

Maybe the Euro4 thing will be part of it - certainly will put to bed all the discussion on whether it's 'Euro4 Ready' statement is compliance or not.

Maybe that it includes abs pro as no mention on the website although new bikes coming with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The S1000R has gone too, along with some other models. Maybe a web page issue? Whoever calls a dealer to find out please let us all know!

No don't ruin it with facts!! :)
I can continue to dream of the new HP4 with Carbon 'frame' being announced!

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
Factory shuts down for August then starts production on the '17 model. That's why according to my sources.

There won't be a new hp4 model for the road just a track version only with wsbk spec for around 36k. The 2017 model will be virtually the same in appearance apart from the exhaust to comply with euro4.

My sources told me this last week, rumour has it that the 2017 model will be same bike, just tweaked to comply with new euro rules. And by tweaked it is likely to be less power. BMW won't accept orders for any of the S range, and have heard of orders even being cancelled.

Where'd you get that Budgie?

I was joking about a new HP4...though the carbon frame will happen IMO...maybe on the 36k jobbie...

Where'd you get that Budgie?

I was joking about a new HP4...though the carbon frame will happen IMO...maybe on the 36k jobbie..
from a Friend who is very high up at BMW uk. As for the carbon fibre, BMW now have there carbon factory so I would expect to see more components maybe swing arm?, the new 7 series has a lot of carbon in the shell structure which will start working its way down to lesser models, ie M models

I was told this would be the case when I ordered mine few weeks ago.
Its to make them euro 4 compliant etc. According to the dealer I purchased from.
Tried to scare me saying the new one "may lack power" etc etc. But i wanted one now anyway

I was told this would be the case when I ordered mine few weeks ago.
Its to make them euro 4 compliant etc. According to the dealer I purchased from.
Tried to scare me saying the new one "may lack power" etc etc. But i wanted one now anyway

What did you order Gash? I ordered too!

Looks like the Configurator is back up and running...no obvious changes...wonder if any have been made? 199 BHP still referenced in the summary.

Guess we will have to wait and see if there are any announcements regarding changes (if any) for the 2017.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back