Decat

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashspike

Reaction score
Hi guys ive recently bought my s1000rr 2011
It came with a race fit end can but still had the big cat underneath.
Ive ordered a custom made Decat with all the fittings and what not too do the job ive been reading about but I have a couple of questions
Once ive decated do we still pass emissions on a mot? Also do I need too have the bike remapped or get any problems from decatting?
Help much appreciated

Bikes don't get an emissions test... yet. Remap would probably make it better but I'm sure there's some on here running around without and are happy with it. I'll be doing the decat and remap once my warranty runs out. It's personal choice really but a good excuse to justify in my head getting the remap done

Thanks buddy yea ill definitely getting it mapped at some point just curious to know that it wont throw Any lights up on the clocks or run like a bag a nails hopefully someone can assure me its cool too go ahead and Decat it

Depends how you ride it. Would advise a re-map after a de-cat as the fuelling will be out . I use a pcv but others have had a re-flash.

i run a decat and reflash from hilltop on my 2010. Mine ran like crap when i had the cat removed and before the reflash was done.

I had my 2013 S1krr decatted, K&N filter and Two Brother end pipe. It ran so lean that Geoff at Hilltop didn't even want to complete the full power run for fear of it overheating and throwing a valve. Post re-flash its now spot on. Much smoother, spot on fuelling, better mpg and improved (smoother) traction control. Remap video is here - https://youtu.be/8IaY5FDaOPk

So the bike will run like crap from just installing the Decat? are you recomending custom mapping?I have been told that dynojet dont do a map on the list for the racefit can with a y peice Decat?

I wouldn't say mine ran like crap but it was a bit lumpy, backfiring on overrun and not as smooth as it is now on and off the throttle. It was worth doing in my opinion but still perfectly rideable without the remap. I went down the ecu reflash route but many have gone with PCV / Dynojet and they're probably all much of a muchness. It mainly comes down to the actual installer and whether do a good job of it.

Iain, your bike dyno pre-remap proved your initial map wasn't factory. I think you were an edge case and should not used for judgement, no offence.
I took a '12. Added an Akro Ti system and K&N. It ran fine.
It ran better with a Bazzaz from Track Electronics.

- Sent from Mobile

Iain, your bike dyno pre-remap proved your initial map wasn't factory. I think you were an edge case and should not used for judgement, no offence.I took a '12. Added an Akro Ti system and K&N. It ran fine. It ran better with a Bazzaz from Track Electronics. - Sent from Mobile
Only just caught up with this now, Very true story and no offence.

Back