Decat s1rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pearly

Reaction score
Happy new year all, new on today after looking up Danmoto decat pipe info. The posts ive read are all very helpful... do most of you run this mod without a PCV?

Power Commander 5 = PCV

I run Danmoto Decat. Great quality at a very good price compared to OTT branded models.

I run mine without a PCV but i've had it dyno'd and air/fuel ratios aren't bang on. Runs lean low end, rich high end but not enough either way to damage engine. I will be getting ECU reflashed soon though

working with ( or without in this case) a CAT, is new ground for me .. did u reconnect the oxygen sensors, or are they now surplus?

I reconnected O2 sensors, to let the ECU do it's best at balancing air/fuel ratios.

If you have ECU flashed or a PCV then they are surplus

Don't buy one of them chromed link pipes they look wank :)
I would also recommend a remap or a Pcv , makes absolute sense :)

Don't buy one of them chromed link pipes they look wank :)
I would also recommend a remap or a Pcv , makes absolute sense :)

THX I'll probably go for a reflash of the ECU and see how i get on with it. ..... i'm with you on the chrome as well, btw. Ive had the Danmoto piece delivered, looks quite well finished, lets just hope it fits properly now i've hacked the cat off.. will post pictures when i've finished the fit.

the danmoto fits fine, but needs longer bolts than the standard bracket on the CAT. I can explain more later in a photo and will send you 2 bolts, I've done so for a few other forum members already.

the danmoto fits fine, but needs longer bolts than the standard bracket on the CAT. I can explain more later in a photo and will send you 2 bolts, I've done so for a few other forum members already.

nice one, thank you

Few bolts...? Cheeky I know. Ha. Just ordered a danmoto car delete. Got some headers I'm picking up at the weekend. Then flying off to Aus. Going to leave the stuff with my mechanic friend and ask him to sort it whilst I'm away.

Well the bolts are M8 and just need to be about an inch longer than the standard bolts that are currently bolting your CAT bracket to frame. If a mechanic is doing it then these bolts are easily obtained and he'll probably have some floating about.

Some people because of this have cut the bracket off the decat link pipe, and not had any problems but for the sake of two bolts, its piece of mind to have it bolted on.

Well the bolts are M8 and just need to be about an inch longer than the standard bolts that are currently bolting your CAT bracket to frame. If a mechanic is doing it then these bolts are easily obtained and he'll probably have some floating about.

Some people because of this have cut the bracket off the decat link pipe, and not had any problems but for the sake of two bolts, its piece of mind to have it bolted on.

im sure i'll have a couple lying around. does the bracket sit back because too much length is left on the headers? I'll look at this over the weekend. It's good to know this is a common problem before I resorted to getting the hammer out :lemo:

I don't understand what bracket were talking about. Ha. I'm sure I'll understand when these photos are up ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbSOoK6Jj6M

From my video, pause it at 7 seconds. You can just see (look just to the side of rear brake pedal) where the mounting bracket on the Danmoto sits about 1 inch from the frame. The original bolts aren't long enough due to that gap. So pack it out with washers or rubber gromit and use longer M8 bolts.

As i've said I know some people who've not bothered to bolt it because its securely connected at headers and at end can and some people have even cut the mounting bracket off the Danmoto, but for the sake of aquiring two bolts, I felt it was worth bolting on.

Ahhhhh right. Yeah think I'll be getting the longer bolts. Rather have more security than less.

Back