Decals or not?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevie Mac

Reaction score
Honest opinion lads, does BMW know better than me and a plain belly pan is the way it was meant to be. I'm not sold on the idea myself yet, should the decals stay or go?

Cheers, Stevie.

Attachments

• image-3870594898.jpg
    image-3870594898.jpg
    597.2 KB · Views: 79
I am in the minority on this one but I look at it on the basis that if they aren't paying me to advertise on my bike they don't go on. The only decals I have are the forum ones :) and Metzeler because they sort me out with tyres so they are paying for the privilege.

Im in the same predicument. Been toying with it for a few weeks. 117 quid for some stickers swayed my thinking

Im in the same predicument. Been toying with it for a few weeks. 117 quid for some stickers swayed my thinking
Got them from Turtle on here mate, a fraction of the price of the genuine ones. That's why I didn't mind throwing them on to make my mind up. I wouldn't dream of paying ?120 for stickers either!

Decals

The only time decals go on my bikes is if it's a paying sponsor.

I am in the minority on this one but I look at it on the basis that if they aren't paying me to advertise on my bike they don't go on. The only decals I have are the forum ones :) and Metzeler because they sort me out with tyres so they are paying for the privilege.

They came as standard on my Carbon and I did pay ?120 plus for them on the bike I repaired last winter. I think they look good if not overdone, I have additional ProBolt, forum and my own company stickers on my bike. ProBolt as they did me a great deal on accessories, forum because I enjoy this place ( Don't get paid though Soofy ) and my own stickers because they were white and fitted in nicely.

Personally I would keep them on Stevie, your bike looks the biz. If I was to modify it at all I would paint the belly pan white and replace the stickers with identical black ones.

JimmyMac

Amazingly since I posted this no one from BMW , Gilles, 2D or Castrol has been in touch offering to pay me to keep them on so just as well I have another job to pay the bills.
The Tyco rep is a thing of beauty in my opinion, if there wasn't a 4K premium above standard list price would you buy that? I would.
Would you wear BMW (or any manufacturers) merchandise, jackets etc...? I don't personally but it doesn't bother me if anyone also does, each to their own.

I was never sold on the grey belly pan on the Gen 3, just a big bland space stuck on the bottom of the bike. I do like to sprinkle some after market stuff on my bikes, it has to serve a purpose and be a functional improvement on the OEM equivalent but, and I'm definitely not ashamed to say it, it has to look good as well (in my eyes anyway) I'm going to keep them on and see if it grows on me.

jimmy Mac, if I was lucky enough to have a carbon I would be paying whatever it takes to make sure it was original so can't blame you for paying a premium on decals. I love the idea of painting the belly pan white, going to give that some serious thought.

Thanks for taking the time to comment lads, much appreciated.

Soofy, forgot about the forum decal, can I get one please?

Back