Dealer insight on mods ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took from that. Keep a log of maintenance you perform in addition to BMW, make sure the AFR's are safe after a decat, use OEM service kits (Oil, Filters, Plugs).

🤣🤣I had a paint issue spotted on day of collection, case raised with bmw, warranty denied.

They stated it should have been picked up at pdi or at dealer.

I’m comfortable bmw will deny most warranty claims down the line, as a company their customer service and warranty are non existent.

I think the company suck but I do like their bikes

That's a weird one - you spotted it on the day you collected it, but after you had ridden away, yet they said no? I had paint corrected under warranty, on my R after about 6-9 months because it was in a hard to notice spot... but once you noticed you couldn't unsee it...

My paint was damaged by the salesman being overly eager in wanting me to have a super clean bike to pick up. Only noticed under LED lighting later. The dealership did offer to have it sorted, but I decided that come the time I would get it done by my detailer of choice.

The black paint is very very soft and easily marked. I've pretty much resigned myself to a full respray in the future...

My dealer, Dick Lovett Bristol, corrected paint defects on my black bike and replaced the swing arm as it was marked on collection. They then threw in my first service for free and offered me discount on carbon fibre parts I was looking at. Couldn’t ask for more really! However, the choice of black was a mistake. You see everything!

I had my cruise control unit replaced out of warranty. They said the mileage was so low that they would cover the part. All I paid was labour at the dealership, which wasn’t a lot.

That's a weird one - you spotted it on the day you collected it, but after you had ridden away, yet they said no? I had paint corrected under warranty, on my R after about 6-9 months because it was in a hard to notice spot... but once you noticed you couldn't unsee it...
Didn’t see it til I got home, the dealer waited for me to collect as I got there late

My paint was damaged by the salesman being overly eager in wanting me to have a super clean bike to pick up. Only noticed under LED lighting later. The dealership did offer to have it sorted, but I decided that come the time I would get it done by my detailer of choice.

The black paint is very very soft and easily marked. I've pretty much resigned myself to a full respray in the future...
The white paint is allegedly soft as poo too, however, this is under the paint and lacquer

Latest posts

Back