BrenTuning Moto Velocity Stacks

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kam187

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Worthwhile upgrade on a race bike or waste of money?

Bike is being prepped for the 2024 trackday/race season and will be on the rollers in the next few week so debating the above mod but can't find any info on the Gen3.

Waste of money.
Same with everything they do.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

i had the alpha modded airbox on my gen 3 ( i aasume it's a similar thing?), they cost an absolute fortune from Alpha, but only really work with the whole "race" package. was i able to notice any difference? did i **** :). unless your up there,looking for fractions of time/power delivery then theres far better ways to spend your money

i had the alpha modded airbox on my gen 3 ( i aasume it's a similar thing?), they cost an absolute fortune from Alpha, but only really work with the whole "race" package. was i able to notice any difference? did i **** :). unless your up there,looking for fractions of time/power delivery then theres far better ways to spend your money

This ^ fractional gains. Spend the money on coaching

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

the other thing to add (not sure why/how i double posted), if it is similar to the alpha stacks, then it's there to add bigger power right at the top end, as in 13.5k+ which teh stock engine isn't designed to do (again, it's there for the 6.2/7.2 sbk engines with different cams,gaskets etc), you also lose some mid range around 8-9k, right where you need it!!

I suppose ask yourself will 2 or 3 hp make a difference to you. Unlikely

Velocity stacks move power. Longer more midrange shorter more top end.

Are you going hard enough that cutting midrange doesnt matter?

I thought the s1 had 2 velocity stacks, longer at first then they snap up to reveal the short ones at high rpm? Or did I just imagine that?

I thought the s1 had 2 velocity stacks, longer at first then they snap up to reveal the short ones at high rpm? Or did I just imagine that?

they do, they are on an active shift,when bike reaches a certain rpm, they lift via a little motor+connecting rod. the modded ones are different heights,both lower+higher funnels.cant remember off top of my head if lower/higher etc, would have to troll thorugh my pics

Why not use a stepper motor then and ?trombone? the stacks along with the mapping/revs ??*??

Video showing how they operate.
Long bodies for torque and low down pull, short for absolute power

Latest posts

Back