Cruise control...I didn't know that!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marzy

Reaction score
Made the most of the weather today and went out for a ride, about 60 miles in total. Mucking around with the Cruise control, i noticed that if you push the throttle against the stop it takes it out of Cruise.
Previously i have been knocking the Cruise slider off, dabbing the brakes or pulling the clutch. One of those "I didn't know that" lol.

You're defo not in bonny Scotland ! Very cold and wet here. No , didn't know that either , will try it about mid July!

Its doubled my riding pleasure tbh. Pulling the clutch was a little undesirable, dabbing the brakes was uncomfortable, sliding the switch was a little awkward, but a little nudge of the throttle feels just right....

I'll try that the first time I can get out Marzy.
Probably the 25th of July.

I'll try that the first time I can get out Marzy.
Probably the 25th of July.
LOL i do pity you guy's in the North Pole. Hot & sticky down here. I've been drinking Pinot Grigio in the hot tub after my run out. Yes Loupe, just a little nudge on the throttle stop does it....

LOL i do pity you guy's in the North Pole. Hot & sticky down here. I've been drinking Pinot Grigio in the hot tub after my run out. Yes Loupe, just a little nudge on the throttle stop does it....

And I've been drinking hot chocolate with my base layers on, thermostat to the max.
Ill put a reminder in my phone re cruise control, I'd forget by July.

WARNING TO ALL IN SCOTLAND

It is not going to rain for three days and the SUN is coming out tomorrow, remember your sunscreen!!

Plus its also coming out for 6 days in July, be prepared.

JimmyMac

yippee, ahhhh I remember our summer last year..... think it was a Tuesday

The cruise control on the bike is simple and fantastic. I thought I would only ever use it on long tours abroad, however I use it all the time. Yesterday was so nice I went out all day with my local bike club. Lots of 30 and 40 zones where the club expect to be respected. I leave the cruise on all the time and when I entered any of those zones just a quick press of the cruise button and I'm all set. It's also a great way of providing some rest to you as you can take one or both hands off and have a good stretch etc. Just brilliant bit of BMW engineering.

The cruise control on the bike is simple and fantastic. I thought I would only ever use it on long tours abroad, however I use it all the time. Yesterday was so nice I went out all day with my local bike club. Lots of 30 and 40 zones where the club expect to be respected. I leave the cruise on all the time and when I entered any of those zones just a quick press of the cruise button and I'm all set. It's also a great way of providing some rest to you as you can take one or both hands off and have a good stretch etc. Just brilliant bit of BMW engineering.

Just be careful - the no hands thing can be reason to prosecute.

Remember you only need to pull the clutch enough to release the micro switch, I find that the easiest way to deactivate the cruise.
Your right, but it is much easier using the throttle, besides your hands stay warmer with the grips on. Have you realised how cold the clutch & brake levers are with the heated grip on...

Might be being a bit fik here, but you mean if you push the throttle past "closed" it deactivates cruise?

I bloody hope so or people will be pinning it at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) and then releasing the CC. :race2_smilie:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back