Crash bungs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren jones

Reaction score
Hi all looking to put some crash bungs on but unsure which ones to have any ideas or photos would be good. The Gilles ones look really good not sure about any others.

Last edited:
I don't have any due to mixed opinions on weather they actually help or hinder damage, slow speed spill or drop in on the driveway or something they tend to be ok but faster stuff they tend to dig in and bite causing the bike to flip rather than slide, If I was to buy some I'd be tempted with the puig ones, they look better shaped to slide rather than dig in

As yam-andy says, there is the slow speed drop v high speed crash scenarios to consider. I have R&G crash bungs and bobbins on my bike because I figure that I'd be worried about the financial damage to my fairings and mirrors etc if I dropped the bike or it fell off its stand, so bungs make sense. The other scenario only really applies on track imo.

I have a set of Gilles crash bungs on my 2011 and they have some absorption built in in the actual bungs.

I also have a new set for the 2012 model (off set brackets for the revised fairings), which I bought but decided to stick with my 2011 model.

Can sell you these if you have a 2012 on model.

ea572fd1329f76420692c2e711b7b331_zps09187f3a.jpg
These are the Puig ones I have fitted

Thanks for the offer I have a hp4 2014 are they the same and how much are you looking for them

Latest posts

Back