Couple of new owner questions.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilly1976

Reaction score
Hello,

Picked up my bike yesterday (Red Sport) and have a couple of questions.

When removing the mirrors and indicators for track use, does this create any warnings on the dash? If so what's the cure?
Any recommendations for mirror blanking plates?

Sure there will be a load more questions, once I've has some time on it.

Cheers

Gilly.

Yes removing indicators etc. will cause warning messages.
Though my understanding is that the error messages are not visible on the dash in any of the ?Race Pro? modes

removing indicators only shows an error message if you try and use the indicators when they're unplugged.
the brake light error message shows on every start up (even in race pro modes) and leaves the amber warning triangle showing once the error message is dismissed.

Do you still need a plug kit from Alpha etc? Or can you turn off the warnings in the dash?

It will flash up warnings each and every time you switch on the ignition. Unless you tick the option to stop showing light warnings in the user menu.
If you go into menu and go to Race track config menu, you will see a tick option showing Light warnings. Tick it and they won't flash up every time you start the engines without the lights connected.

However, i am not sure this option is available if you do not have Race Pro riding modes. I assume it does.

removing indicators only shows an error message if you try and use the indicators when they're unplugged.
the brake light error message shows on every start up (even in race pro modes) and leaves the amber warning triangle showing once the error message is dismissed.

You can disable the warning sign for race pro modes in the menu. I've done it and never get warnings.

136adb839bf040348c4e04a58f6728eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect thanks.

I haven't even opened the manual yet, TBH it's a little overwhelming what can be adjusted...

UsernameKate recently did a video on her YouTube channel walking through the dash and all the settings. Give it a watch and it should help take away some of the trepidation

Last edited:
When using it on track do you have to reset the tyre pressure monitor on the menus, or does Pro Race mode disbale this function too?

Ah, I didn't realise that it could be switched off, sounds like the plan.

Sorry for the questions, I must have a play later..

Ah, I didn't realise that it could be switched off, sounds like the plan.

Sorry for the questions, I must have a play later..

Never apologise for asking questions, that?s partly what forums are for [emoji846]

On normal modes up to race you can disable the dash message warning on the screen for tire pressures. But not that of the lights or indicators.

Then only on the race pro modes you can also disable the lights warning messages.

Tire pressure is handy for race track it will show a red Icon besides if too low or yellow. Benefit is to know where you are on pressures any moment then decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back