Couple of months later

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gps999

Reaction score
I bought my RR back a couple of months ago. 2016 Sport colours. I ve been slowly getting used to the additional power and features that will now have to be standard for any bike for me in the future... gear shift assist, gear indicator, fly by wire smoothest throttle ever, modes that mean its about 3 different bikes. So there is nothing not to like.

I ve done a few of the standard mods suggested on the forum. Power bronze Double bubble dark screen, R&G crash bungs, SP engineering tail tidy, Removed rear pegs and filled holes with black grommets, Motograffix tank protector, and I ve just ordered some RRG radiator guards with the alien head logo.

What do I still want to do? New Chain Gold DID chain and Supersprox gold sprocket, Gilles Chain adjuster. The only other consideration is a slip on. BMW tell me the warranty etc will be unaffected by an Akrapovic exhaust and whilst tempted I am interested to know whether it sounds similar to the OE exhaust which sound wise is fine, just looks a big strange. Any opinions appreciated. I had my toys out yesterday pic attached.

IMG_5433 effect.jpg

Hi gps. Congratulations on the bike and thanks for supporting the forum:).

Nice couple of toys you have there :).

I've an Arrow end can and I'd say it sounds pretty much the same. Only reason I changed mine was the original is hideous.

Thanks soof.. has anyone got an akrapovic slip on,fitted to a 2016 who can comment on whether the delightful popping and noise is retained or tamed??

Welcome to the forum. I have the akra slip on on my 2016 and it still pops although I found it slightly quieter than the own pipe.... It looks better though 😊

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Akrapovič

When I had the Akrapovič HP slip-on exhaust fitted to my 2015 S1000RR it was similar in terms of noise level to the standard OEM exhaust at idle but the tone was subtly different and lower pitched. The popping is still there when decelerating on a closed throttle but with the Akrapovič exhaust it is less pronounced. For me this was a good thing as the popping and the banging of the standard exhaust does get a little tiresome after a while, but that's just my opinion. The main positive is that the build quality is superb; it weighs significantly less than the OEM exhaust and it passes trackday noise testing with ease.

P1020848_zps53y9sirp.jpg

Re: Akrapovič

Thanks all. Ryan, I ve read every page of your thread about your bike development and track riding. I am at the other end of the skill spectrum, average road rider who appreciates those who have the skill and knowledge to get the best out of these bikes. Your input is appreciated and I look forward to reading more about your bike and track days.

Latest posts

Back