Coolant top up !!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bozzy1964

Reaction score
Hiya All !! I've noticed my coolant level is down towards the minimum , I have a gen 1 ,how do I top it up as it seems as though I have to strip half the bodywork to get to the bottle ??

Hi Bozzy, if you sit on the bike and look down under the right fairing you'll see the filler cap, it can be removed without taking any fairings off and simply fill up to the correct level, I have used a hose with a little funnel on the end to do this, it's either that or take the rhs panel off which gives best access, careful with the indicator wires, best to have a little flat screwdriver in your pocket to pop them off so you don't need to have the panel dangling.

JimmyMac

Hi Bozzy, if you sit on the bike and look down under the right fairing you'll see the filler cap, it can be removed without taking any fairings off and simply fill up to the correct level, I have used a hose with a little funnel on the end to do this, it's either that or take the rhs panel off which gives best access, careful with the indicator wires, best to have a little flat screwdriver in your pocket to pop them off so you don't need to have the panel dangling.

JimmyMac

Cheers buddy !! On the way to sort it !!

Latest posts

Back