Considering trading the XR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mac. I have just ordered some parts from Evotech - tail tidy, oil and radiator guards, crash bobbins, paddock stand bobbins. Now looking at slip-on exhausts (SC project and Akra GP). Any suggestions for good double bubble screens?

Ah sounds like you've got it covered, I'm 6ft tall and have never felt the need for a double bubble on my gen3 to be honest, my gen2 wasn't quite so good in this respect, if I was you I'd ride it for a bit first before splashing out but I've always found MRA screens to be quality items.

Ah sounds like you've got it covered, I'm 6ft tall and have never felt the need for a double bubble on my gen3 to be honest, my gen2 wasn't quite so good in this respect, if I was you I'd ride it for a bit first before splashing out but I've always found MRA screens to be quality items.

Thanks Mac - good advice.

Cheers,
Ross

Thanks Oli. I'm currently online buying parts! Do you know if I can sign up as a premier member without paypal? i.e. is that the only payment option?

Cheers,
Ross

Hi, currently it's only PayPal. But I expect that you can sort out another arrangement with the treasurer. I would PM SoofSayer. You can't be alone in not having Paypal.

I can sort out alternate payment arrangements to PayPal if needed, pm me if that?s something you want to sort out.

Hi RMD,
Good luck with the RR. Best fun I?ve had with me trousers on. Very comfy, I?m 6?6? and so this was critical in my decision. I put a double bubble from MRA and the comfort seat on. After a tail tidy and crash bungs I ran out of spare cash so am waiting until I can afford the rear sets and rad guards. Might need a new jacket first tho as the RR is literally ripping open the seams and the outside pockets which have taken to self opening when I?m ?pressing on?. Must be the turbulence, officer:... H

Misspelt by my iPhone

Thanks H! I'm 6'3 so good to hear that your comfortable at 6'6! Like you I'm already spending more than I should but I can't help myself :) rearsets and a slip-on are next on my wish list. Hopefully Father Christmas is feeling generous this year!

Good for you sorting an RR. I did the same a month ago and also couldn't help myself getting spending even before it arrived. I am a bit shorter than you at 6ft 1" but have HP rear sets which make a big difference in terms of room, are a better shape and much grippier and I fitted a Puig bubble screen I got from Conquest Carbon with the club discount. Very good price and really good quality. I got the light tint one and it looks mega. Did 290 mile trip to Cornwall on Thursday and was very comfy all round

Thanks Bertie. I'm really looking forward to it. I also plan to fit rearsets over the next couple of months. Have you changed the exhaust? If so, what for?

Cheers,
Ross

Thanks Bertie. I'm really looking forward to it. I also plan to fit rearsets over the next couple of months. Have you changed the exhaust? If so, what for?

Cheers,
Ross
Hiya, I have stayed stock with the exhaust. The official Akrapovic slip on is expensive and as big as the stock one and from what understand its a lot more involved swapping exhausts on the 2017 as its Euro 4 and you need a RapidBike module as Power Commanders won't work on them. I may eventually do it and get a full system but for now I am pretty pleased with it. being stock-ish.

I have evotech bar ends, Puig screen, evotech tail tidy, HP rearsets, a Garmin satnav mount and a Hepco & Becker sportrack which makes it comfy and relatively practical as a very fast mile-muncher

I ordered the hp rearsets today, hopefully they will arrive in time to be fitted before I collect the bike. I've also ordered evotech radiator / oil guards, crash protection, and paddock stand bobbins. I like the look of the Akra Moto GP slip-on, but I've already spent close to ?1000 on bits, and I've not even got the bike yet! I may wait to see if I can pick up any deals at the NEC show in November.

Hiya, I have stayed stock with the exhaust. The official Akrapovic slip on is expensive and as big as the stock one and from what understand its a lot more involved swapping exhausts on the 2017 as its Euro 4 and you need a RapidBike module as Power Commanders won't work on them. I may eventually do it and get a full system but for now I am pretty pleased with it. being stock-ish. I have evotech bar ends, Puig screen, evotech tail tidy, HP rearsets, a Garmin satnav mount and a Hepco & Becker sportrack which makes it comfy and relatively practical as a very fast mile-muncher

+1. The 2017 stock exhaust gets a lot of stick. It's one of the best designed stock cans on any sports bike, full stop (has anyone SEEN the new Gixer stock can FFS!). I can also get onto any track without sweating a noise fail. Obviously a different ball game for serious track-heads.
Question to everyone: A little birdy told me the RR stock can was designed by Akrapovic. Anyone know better? H

For anyone interested, I'm selling an almost brand new S1000XR HP seat (bought two months ago, and has less than 500miles use).

I've also advertised it on the XR forum, but I also know that a few on here also have XRs (very lucky to have both!!)

I'd like ?220 (bought for ?339). Postage would be extra charge, but I can get a price. I live in Bristol if collection is an option for anyone interested.

I've posted this in the for sale / wanted area of the forum as well.

+1. The 2017 stock exhaust gets a lot of stick. It's one of the best designed stock cans on any sports bike, full stop (has anyone SEEN the new Gixer stock can FFS!). I can also get onto any track without sweating a noise fail. Obviously a different ball game for serious track-heads.
Question to everyone: A little birdy told me the RR stock can was designed by Akrapovic. Anyone know better? H

To be honest the Gixxer can is quite smart - with all the weighty exhaust bits in it the owner can ditch a tonne of weight and restriction in one cheaper slip-on. They pretty much built it to be ditched IMO. Kinda two fingers at Euro4...whilst complying :)

Yep, in reality I think very few GSXR thous being sold without R11's fitted which spookily also seem to be in plentiful supply at Suzuki dealers...

Back