Clutch Bite

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ste M

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, is it possible to get the clutch bite a bit close ? I suffer with flexibility at times in my fingers and the bite seems right near the end on my bike, is there any way i can easily adjust it so its closer to the grips?

You can adjust the clutch bite using the adjuster on the end of the cable just before it goes into the lever assembly. Just make a note of its starting position and which way you are turning it. I would suggest no more than 180 degrees at a time.

You can adjust the clutch bite using the adjuster on the end of the cable just before it goes into the lever assembly. Just make a note of its starting position and which way you are turning it. I would suggest no more than 180 degrees at a time.

Thanks Soof. I take it you mean the upper of the 2 rings shown here (the one that butts right against the lever assembly):

clutch.jpg

Dont think you will adjust the bite at the lever, it must have couple of mil free play or it will slip. Adjustable levers adjust the lever not the bite point.

The benefit of the lever adjustment is that you can get the actual bite point in the right place for your hand.

Mine is also quite close to the end. I've stalled it quite alot taking off

I had the same problem when I first got my bike, having to ride the clutch a lot to get away without stalling. A small adjustment to the cable made a big difference. No longer do I fear stop start traffic!

Latest posts

Back