Cleaning the Lower Fairing

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billo01

Reaction score
Maybe a daft question on the cleaning front, what's the best product to clean the lower fairing on a '15 black model. As you know it's a mat finish and anything I've tried just leaves a streaky finish.

Cheers, Dave

When I clean mine I just use a spray bottle with just water and a microfiber cloth the only time I use a power washer is if I've been caght out on the rain and the bike is filthy

If it's matt finish you'll want to use a non silicone based product. I bought a Matt Graphite Street Triple R last year and after a lot of research it turned out the best cleaner for non gloss finish was... Fairy Liquid /shockhorror. I was recommended this by the Triumph dealer and thought 'yeh whatever', turned out it was sound advice.
I have since invested in some Swissvax cleaner and wax for matt finishes.

http://www.swissvax.co.uk/product_detail/opaque_range/car_bath_opaque_250ml_2

It's a faff having gloss/matt mix, i'll be (hopefully, if it's ready) picking up my black S1000RR in 4 weeks, and yes I'll be using two different cleaning products on it (mad..yep) :encouragement:

Back