Changing my RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You deserve some luck now Loupe. Hope you are back on another S1000 soon mate!

Thought about it for a while and have decided that the RR is the bike that I would have again.
It tips in effortlessly, the new to me electronics give you lots of confidence and the top end revs are mental.
The bottom line being that most faults are cosmetic and BMW have said they aren't obliged to refund it which isn't what I'm after anyway. (I reminded them of the noisy engine though)
Ive been speaking to the dealership and will probably have it replaced with a black one, I don't want the same colour as all the faults are ingrained in my memory with the Motorsport colours. Looks like I'm getting the poor mans version after all lol.
Ive suggested some carbon as a sweetener so will wait to see what they offer.
So it looks like, Goodbye Lemon, and hello Black Beauty :Banane19:

The noisy engine seams to plague all the RR's Loupe. What was their reply on the engine mate?

Thought about it for a while and have decided that the RR is the bike that I would have again.
It tips in effortlessly, the new to me electronics give you lots of confidence and the top end revs are mental.
The bottom line being that most faults are cosmetic and BMW have said they aren't obliged to refund it which isn't what I'm after anyway. (I reminded them of the noisy engine though)
Ive been speaking to the dealership and will probably have it replaced with a black one, I don't want the same colour as all the faults are ingrained in my memory with the Motorsport colours. Looks like I'm getting the poor mans version after all lol.
Ive suggested some carbon as a sweetener so will wait to see what they offer.
So it looks like, Goodbye Lemon, and hello Black Beauty :Banane19:

I'm offended that you're getting the poor mans version lol. Black is best (and quickest!!) and I figured that stealth was the way forward, until the exhaust is changed of course. I went for black as I reckoned the MS colours would be everywhere soon, just like the Repsol Blades lol, plus carbon looks best on a black un. There, have I convinced you that black is best yet?

Good that you're taking the plunge with a BM again, things should only get better from now on :encouragement:

The noisy engine seams to plague all the RR's Loupe. What was their reply on the engine mate?
No reply Marzy, and no reply as to how or where the damage occurred between factory and dealer. I'm only interested in getting it changed now tbh.

I'm offended that you're getting the poor mans version lol. Black is best (and quickest!!) and I figured that stealth was the way forward, until the exhaust is changed of course. I went for black as I reckoned the MS colours would be everywhere soon, just like the Repsol Blades lol, plus carbon looks best on a black un. There, have I convinced you that black is best yet?

Good that you're taking the plunge with a BM again, things should only get better from now on :encouragement:

Thanks Billo, yes I'm happy to change as it does look good. I saw this pic which made me decide I wanted black and carbon. I'm going to move forward now with my lightweight edition lol

Can only repeat all the above.... Back up has been exceptional, engine was replaced out of warranty (2010) 2015 hasn't missed a beat. Can't comment on the Duc but sure is a sexy bike. I would also say you are in a very good bargaining position, lots for less money. You will always see more complaints worldwide than you will see satisfied customers that's the nature of mentalities and the internet + 2015 is now in it's 6th year of production to get it right. I would book 3-4 hrs test ride with both dealers at the same time and ride back to back within that slot. Might help to write down pros and cons for both bikes, that sometimes helps me to separate. Good luck!!!

Can't seem to find pricing download, is it only the m sport colours which cost more or is black the same?

From what I remember black is a no cost option, red is a couple of hundred quid and Motorsport about ?400

The data file I got from BMW
code ND2 - black storm metallic - no cost
code ND6 - racing red/light white - ?130
code ND7 - light white/lupin blue metallic/racing red - ?385

The data file I got from BMW
code ND2 - black storm metallic - no cost
code ND6 - racing red/light white - ?130
code ND7 - light white/lupin blue metallic/racing red - ?385

Black, slowest, cheaper and blends in with all the others....
Red/white a little brighter and a little quicker....
m/sport, quickest model, nothing else in those heritage colours and looks the nuts !!

:woot: :Banane45:

Latest posts

Back