Caught doing 160mph onS1000RR.....(not me)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
offft!, depends of it's just a straight speeding charge or classed as dangerous......

Last edited:
I saw it on twitter, I got stopped about 12years ago doing 155mph on my RC30 going to work one morning. I Pleaded guilty straight away and was charged with excessive speed when we went to court I thought I would be fucked but got away with ?120 fine and 6 points that was after all there evidence of doing 138mph and I just pulled way into the distance, so it may not all be doom and gloom but as its all over social media by the police there self's the chances are they will deal with them quiet hard.

Dean

I don't condone speeding, but the police figures of 170 odd collisions in the last 5 years where at least 1 was someone exceeding the speed limit doesn't really help their cause. Clarkson used to bang on about speed being somewhere way down the list of causes of accidents and he had a point.

Whatever happens to him , I think there is a 2015 BMW S1000RR for sale ! First offer will not be refused

Slick mode ... It's the new legal high !!

'A' road during rush hour, massively over the speed limit....obviously other factors like driving history to be considered and if this incident could be proved as a genuine emergency etc but I would say he is well and truly fucked.

Definite ban, definite fine and pending what the police charge him, for example, if they charge dangerous driving (which includes excessive speed on a busy road) then start point is custody....

Latest update, his bike is up for sale and he is a member of the S1000rr facebook page. Im not going to name his name as its non of my business but i can imagine it will be up for fairly cheap

Back