Castle Combe S1000RR DB noise levels

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the record and to add to your list. Castle Combe test limit is 105db at 75% of max RPM 1metre at 45 degree angle. My S1000RR 2012 was at 109db. Does anyone have any ideas on exhausts, silencers etc etc or do they all effect the mapping so much as to be useless?

Best idea is not to bother doing trackdays at Castle Combe. It's a shit bumpy track anyway.

I was at Castle Coombe today. I have a completely standard '12, and I was told I would fail track day noise limits. I got on today, as it was only a short taster session, and most people weren't going too quick. Whilst I quite liked the circuit, there's obviously no way I can ever go back if that's the rules about the exhaust. I was really surprised that they wanted 10,500 revs for the noise test, and I didn't help myself by giving them 12,000.....(and how did a certain M Rutter esq get on with his shiny new toy....)

My concern is that I have track days booked at Thruxton and Brands (which is an evening session, so 102db, not 105). I can see from previous posts in this thread that I'll probably be OK at Brands as they'll want half revs, not three quarters...but Thruxton seems to be another matter...has anyone passed the test there with a std exhaust?

Cheer

Rick

(although a certain M Rutter was there with a large lorry and some engineers I had a similar experience as the original poster...except that they let me on, as they knew we weren't

i have a decat pipe and short akra can... that tested at 110.9db at 5500 by msv (who own brands, oulton, cadwell, snetterton & bedford) i had a baffle made for the stubby akra and it has come down to 103. (cost 40quid from MHP in colchester)

My only concern now is the trackside testers than measure throughout the day as you ride past, the quickshifter with the decat still makes a serious bang on the upshift!

Looks like none of us can go to Castle coombe then... 10,500 is mad?

Although full systems are normally on my list of wants it's getting harder to warrant one if I've got to play the noise game on track, just isn't worth it. Funny though cos my old s1000 rr with stock exhaust and Akky end pipe blew 98. Mind u my Leo Vince full system failed miserably, lol

Just spent last weekend making a new link pipe for my brothers 2009 Fireblade as it failed the noise test at Castle Combe.

It has Yoshi stubby can and with the baffle fitted tested at 113 db at 9750 revs.

It was retested with the std Honda can and db killer at 108.5 db

Still well above their 105 db limit

We made a link pipe to utilize a bigger silencer (ZX 7R) and move the exhaust exit away from
the engine.

The result was 103 db so very happy, especially as it only takes 5 minutes to fit.

For the record and to add to your list. Castle Combe test limit is 105db at 75% of max RPM 1metre at 45 degree angle. My S1000RR 2012 was at 109db. Does anyone have any ideas on exhausts, silencers etc etc or do they all effect the mapping so much as to be useless?

I had a top day at Castle Combe yesterday and managed to get my shit together to pass their db limits.

I decided to mod my std pipe by welding a bar over the outlet:
2014-05-21122556_zps475e1469.jpg

The akro shorty blew 109, the std blew 107 and this blew 103 and this has to be at 10500 revs.

It is a bumpy circuit bit it is still an excellent place for a trackday. I recommend staying at the White Hart a few miles down the road!!

Wow, such a small change and it worked!

Does anyone know what the standard pipe blows at half revs? I still assume that I will be fine with no mods at Brands, but I also have an evening session (CSS) booked and that's 102dB..

Cheers

Rick

Back