Carole Nash Insurance

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GCullenRR

Reaction score
I had my last bike insured with Carole Nash Insurance. Never had any accidents etc so never had to contact them with regards to any claims. I then renewed with them as there price was still pretty competitive and it was easier that having to cancel, get no claims bonus, start a new policy.

I then purchased the s1000rr around a month ago. So i called Carole Nash to explain the changes in circumstances and they gave me a price for the S1k, which was ridiculously high. I managed to get a quote cheaper online and went ahead with that instead. Easy.

Now on to the hard part. Cancelling my policy with Carole Nash. Its now over a month since i first contacted carole nash and my agreement still isnt cancelled. They have sent me letters with cancellation fee's, then when I phone they are telling me a completely different fee. In between this they have continued to take payments for insurance, even though i have already been sent conformation of cancellation letter. Everytime I call i spend more time on hold than i do speaking to an advisor. I am currently waiting on a refund for the unauthorized payment which they took before I pay the cancellation fee which we have now settled on. Still no sign of the no claims bonus conformation which was supposedly automatically sent out when you canceled the policy.

I would warn anyone who is looking for insurance to be very warey of Carole Nash in the future if they are taking out or renewing with them, If this is the amount of hassle just to have a policy cancelled I dare to think what it will be like if you had to claim for any reason.

Sorry about the lengthy rant but this has been going on for weeks and I am extremely pissed off!!! :mad-new:

I was with Carole Nash for a year as I got a decent quote of them. The next year they nearly doubled my premium and expected me to roll onto another year with them. Called them to get price down and they wouldn't budge so cancelled and went elsewhere for similar to what I was paying.

Sent from ma phone Galaxy S7

You could just cancel the direct debit - and suffer whatever wrath their finance team dream up. Maybe a carefully worded email to their customer services team implying legal recourse may wake them up?

I think if you cancel a direct debit you could face legal issues and may impact your credit rating. Flippin' frustrating tho I grant you.

FWIW, NHBC are worse... Maybe we should have a thread for rants where people can get it of their chest... :)

If you have had written confirmation the policy is cancelled then I would cancel your direct debit with them and claim back any incorrect payments through the direct debit guarantee scheme which will put the money straight back in your account today.

Latest posts

Back