Carbon akra

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee0113

Reaction score
Has anybody who has a full length carbon akrapovic full system been on a trackday with it what sort of db reading should i expect been offered a trackday this weekend but havent got a baffle yet

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Akrapovič

The decibel reading will be the same as the titanium version and they normally measure around 100 dB when tested at 5,500 rpm. Akrapovič exhausts are traditionally quite quiet, especially when new, and you should pass static noise testing without issue. However you would be well advised to fit a baffle as trackday noise testing, particularly the drive-by testing, is getting stricter each year and the monitoring equipment is now very accurate. I have an Akrapovič HP full race system fitted to my bike and I haven't had any issues to date but I know others with the same system who have.

Cheers mate i think ill risk it thej hopefully if needed parkitt will be there and have a baffle for me

Akrapovič

You may want to order an Akrapovič baffle from the likes of Calsport for future use as they have a fairly unique hexagonal shape and can be difficult to get hold of track side.

done brands a few times and not needed the baffle, I think static was just under 100 i.e. 98 or 99; it's done 18000 miles now so lasts well. I gather putting it in rain mode for the test might quieten it a bit?

Noise Testing

Changing Riding Modes has absolutely no effect on noise output. Static noise testing is generally not an issue however drive-by noise testing is; particularly if the sound detection equipment is located on a faster part of the circuit where revs are much higher. That and stringent noise testing is there to protect our circuits from further restrictions, limited usage, and ultimately from closure.

Ive ordered a baffle but will be risking it this weekend hopefully will be ok

Rain mode on the pre '15's with cable throttles, can just make it easier to hit the right revs, and keep the exhaust baffle shut a bit more. (In my experience)

- Sent from Mobile

Back