BMW Gen 4 Akra Slip On

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Evening folks,

I?m thinking about a slip on for the s1000rr, not really looking for a full system at the moment.

I see that BMW and Akrapovic have a titanium end can but I?m wondering if it?s worth it for the price - rather eye watering at circa ?900. Has anyone gone for just the slip on and has any opinion on it over the standard can?

I?ve also had a look at offerings from Arrow and Termignoni (spelling?) but open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Cammy

I've got it, it's not particularly louder and I got it because I didn't like the look of the oem can. I got it with the bike from the dealer so it was cheaper.

I doubt I'd pay ?900 for it off the shelf, there are plenty of other options that would've been good alternatives.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Is that the one you can spec from the factory? This one?

BBBB3826-659-C-44-A8-8-B98-13-BDA8-C61-A91.jpg

No but was contemplating it as an option, like you say they are very pricey. I?ve looked at the majority of slip ons because I leave early in the morning and don?t want to piss off the neighbours, I?m leaning towards the Akrapovic GP slip on, I think it might be the best option for me.

I've got the same end can it comes standard with the Performance pack. I honestly cannot tell the difference in sound over OEM end can (I've had two Gen 4s) and I definitely do not think it is worth ?900. If i was personally looking for a slip-on i would look at the MIVV Delta race https://mivv.com/en/exhaust/b-036-ldrt-bmw-s-1000-rr-2019-2020/ Or the SC project SC1 https://www.sc-project.com/en/new-exhaust-range-for-bmw-s-1000-rr-now-available/

i really like the SC project slip on as well. Not to keen on the other one.

Last edited:
I have the Arrow Pro Race Titanium end can and really like the sound and looks. I took out the db reducer and though louder not obnxious. I ride in Dynamic Pro and this sounds much better than the boring OEM can when riding. I would buy again.

I have a Pro-Race slip on. Even without the baffle it's not that loud - most of the silencing is done further up the pipe. Sounds good when the exhaust valve opens at 5,500 rpm; a little bit deeper than the standard can. Wanted something that used the standard exhaust hanger without being some high-pitched whine (check out the Yoshimura video on their site).

DSC_0137a.JPG

Liked the look of the Akra, but not the price. And as others stated, doesn't sound any different to stock.

I have a Pro-Race slip on. Even without the baffle it's not that loud - most of the silencing is done further up the pipe. Sounds good when the exhaust valve opens at 5,500 rpm; a little bit deeper than the standard can. Wanted something that used the standard exhaust hanger without being some high-pitched whine (check out the Yoshimura video on their site).

View attachment 6341

Liked the look of the Akra, but not the price. And as others stated, doesn't sound any different to stock.

Any pics from farther away, showing the whole bike and the exhaust?

I specced them from factory. Although the only adjustment I felt like I needed to make was flip the rear brake lever. Also had them fitted to the Gen3 and lowered those from standard for a bit more comfort, haven't felt the need to do so on the Gen4

I believe the baffle in the factory Akrapovic exhaust can be removed. The retaining bolt on mine seems hard to undo. Wanted to check before I applied more force. Any tips from someone who has removed it would be useful.

I had the arrow titanium pro fitted , sounded great especially when the valve opens up. I then ordered a Akra full system from cal sport. The end can arrived and had to wait a few months for the headers so I decided to install the Akra end can.
It felt like it was quieter than the stock exhaust so I put the arrow back on. My advice if you are keeping the cat, is to buy a shorty style exhaust.

ca06b7bd7f8ad2ed4ba949b5e3862716.jpg

003f9cfd68d039430d030a32b2fc52a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back