Cadwell - Road Bike 'Ride Friendly' Trackday - 20th of June 2016

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Going to Cadwell June 20th 2016?

• Total voters

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
So it's fast approaching, well to me it is anyway. 20th of June 2016 we have our 2nd Road Bike Only day of the year. Hoping to meet a lot more of the Northern contingent at this one.

Soof and I will be staying near the circuit the night before, so if others are staying over in or around Louth lets get a curry and/or some beers the night before :)

Gates are open from 7am.
Sign on from 8am (compulsory)
Briefing at 8:30am (compulsory)
First Session 9:00am (Experienced Group)

There will be 7 session in total. Last Experienced run starts at 4pm. Circuit closes at 5pm.

Stick your name down if you've signed up.
E-mail Bins if you haven't and want to. [email protected]

There will be an S1000RR.co.uk area, as there are no garages :/ Just look for the natty banners.

It's ?120 but you do get a relatively safe environment to legally open the tap and see what you've got underneath you :)

Where are you putting the banners Alex? Only asking cos I haven't got a scooby do where matey. There are no pit garages at Cadwell....

Curry is a good idea. Anyone know of a decent curry house in or around Louth that'll take parking for a few bikes outside?

Where are you putting the banners Alex? Only asking cos I haven't got a scooby do where matey. There are no pit garages at Cadwell.... Curry is a good idea. Anyone know of a decent curry house in or around Louth that'll take parking for a few bikes outside?

I think there is some fencing we can use. We'll borrow Bins's van if needs be ;-)

Hi Chaps, last year about 30/40 of us ate at the Joseph Morton, (weatherspoons) in Louth, that's the only place I know who can take those numbers, before that when the circuit closed on Sunday at 5.00, 20 of us walked the 'mini Nurburgring', (this, I cannot recommend highly enough, even if you've ridden it lots of times), after that, those who were either sleeping in vans or camping, got in the back of my van, (realising there are no seats, let alone seat belts, I said "right you guys, if we get pulled by the old bill, you all lay down and I'll tell them you're all dead") and went into Louth.

However, if I 'pull' by the 20th, I may be in a hotel, several are staying at the Beaumont.

If the banners are there Sunday afternoon I can arrange for them to be left in a building, there is 24 hr security, camping costs ?10 per night but it's free if you arrive after 12.

I'll try and reserve the area next to the scrutineering bay for the Forum.

Any questions???

15 places left for this day, anyone else out there want to join us? R B

8 days to go!

Please remember to pay up if you haven't already! Details on the forms.
Mail BINS: [email protected] for application forms.

There's only 5 places spare!

Pretty good turn out to this despite the weather, shame more of you guys couldn't make it, I needed help fending off GS's in the morning!

Now remember folks...Metzeler RR K3's are no good in the wet... ;)

1RR_3285_1_zpsihli6fzk.jpg

1RR_3287_zpsdfkdivdm.jpg

This will be my last set of this category of tyre...unless I get a van and some BST's for track only (at which point I'll probably just go with slicks). The M7RR's and Conti SA3's are more sensible for riders on road bikes IMO and so I'll be getting the latter as I loved the SA2's

After sighting laps and first session I happily spent the next 4 sessions taking different guys from the experienced group round 121 (not because I am a Rossi but I have some experience of the place/lines and go round ok). I think that and the rain probably did me a favour by forcing me to focus on lines instead of trying to find more pace. I am dreading the DL due to the amount of data I am going to have to learn how to understand.

The last two sessions were dry, however the racing line around hairpin and barn was still greasy. I routinely tell newbies about the tree issue on that part of the track and to be gentle. It'll be no surprise to read then that I very nearly lost the bike on the exit of hairpin by giving it too much throttle. The DTC really is impressive, I was almost thrown off the bike by the intervention but it worked. It took several corners before I found my nuts again, they'd done a runner. I'm intrigued what the DL has recorded at that point.

The weather being wet must have put a few off which resulted in less riders. A lot less. Bins will be able to fill in the facts I hope, but it seemed much less busy on the track. Many of the sessions were in light rain / drizzle, and it was warm, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

I enjoyed it :).

Last edited:
Back