Cadwell 19th July - bike mag's trackday

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dartanion

Reaction score
My first time at cadwell and what a track, really enjoyed the whole day. Rode to the circuit in v heavy rain but fortunately it stopped prior to arriving. First two sessions were damp, but soon a drying line started to appear and we could really crack on.

Long time since I was on track, but the S1k was just so awesome and confidence inspiring I was soon pushing hard. Rolling on out of both barn and charlies and short shifting at around 11/12k still had me passing everyone on the two straights - the most fun through coppice and around charlies where I was amazed at the grip available. Had a couple of sphincter moments over the mountain where I got on it a little early, but everywhere else it was so planted the grin nearly split my lid ;D

Overall a great day with lots of like minded bikers all out to have a great time. As far as I could tell the "reclaim our tracks" format worked perfectly and kept the hardcore racers away.

Just booked a FE day at snetterton which is a chrono day where your laps are timed and you get allocated a group so hopefully this will also work to keep me out of the way of the fast guy racers - until I get quicker at least.

Can not wait ;D

Cheers
Stu

Latest posts

Back